Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest way to call Oz mobile?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

My OH is in Sydney, but its costing us a fortune on calls. She is on a mobile over there. Whats the easiest way we can keep in contact?

I have landline/mobile/internet

She just has a mobile (she got a vodafone call card but that was expensive also)

I've been using skype to call her mobile but thats 20c a min. is there anything cheaper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

She can buy a calling card (like Talk Tomato or the myriad of cards you can get) and call you - assuming you have a landline.

If her vodafone contract allows cheap or free minutes to a landline, then she'll only be paying for the international part, which usually isnt much - around AUD 0.2c p/m

http://sydneyphonecard.com.au/searchResult.jsp?searchCountry=IRELAND&searchCity=DUBLIN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

cool, thanks bw, but where does she get these calling cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Arrange a time and Skype.

The thing is Doc that she lives outside the city. There is 1 net cafe and their head set is broke. So that doesn't work. Other than that she doesn't have the time to go into net cafe's while she is out doing stuff with the other girls she is with.

bw wrote: »
    If her vodafone contract allows cheap or free minutes to a landline, then she'll only be paying for the international part, which usually isnt much - around AUD 0.2c p/m
    She isn't on a contract tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I got one from a 7 Eleven, or one of those kind of shops. It might be possible to get them online, as I doubt the shops stock the full range.

EDIT - if she doesnt have a contract, then she should find a way to make the call from a landline, if its possible.

buying one online, wouldn't I have to wait for delivery? I've sent word to her to get to a 7Eleven. Hopefully she will find one there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Sniipe wrote: »
    buying one online, wouldn't I have to wait for delivery? I've sent word to her to get to a 7Eleven. Hopefully she will find one there.

Hey Sniipe, i use this and i find it very cheap.

http://www.13434.ie/index2.php

Vanbis, that's 12c a min calling from Ireland to an Oz phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

2.7c/min with 12voip.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement