Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Samsung 24" Monitor??

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am considering upgrading to a 24" monitor and fancy the Samsung range! However I am starting to get confused with the model numbers. I am beginning to think that perhaps they use different model numbers here to England and that maybe I am looking at same monitor!!

I have even come accross ones that are not even on the Samsung site at all!! :confused:

The ones I have am currently looking at are:

P2450H
    T240HD

I am confused as to why the second one is more expensive as it has a higher response time and lower contrast ratio.

Then there seem to be a few more 24" Samsungs with SM model numbers

Basically I just want to know which is the latest and greatest!! :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

py2006 wrote: »
    I am confused as to why the second one is more expensive as it has a higher response time and lower contrast ratio.

The second is more expensive as it has a built in TV turner along with a fcukload of ports:Inputs: 1x Analogue, 1x DVI-D, 2x HDMI, 1x Component, 1x TV Aerial, 1x CI Slot & 1x Optical Out.

It basically a telly and PC monitor in one unit and would have built in speakers and a remote.

The first monitor has only VGA, hdmi and DVI but is prob has a better panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

uberpixie wrote: »
    The second is more expensive as it has a built in TV turner along with a fcukload of ports:Inputs: 1x Analogue, 1x DVI-D, 2x HDMI, 1x Component, 1x TV Aerial, 1x CI Slot & 1x Optical Out.

It basically a telly and PC monitor in one unit and would have built in speakers and a remote.

The first monitor has only VGA, hdmi and DVI but is prob has a better panel.

Thanks for that. I have discovered from some casual browsing that the T240HD is at least a year old whereas the P2450HD and the P2470HD are only a couple months on the market if even that.

I have also noticed that there is a P2470H due out in early December which even though it will be slightly cheaper than the P2470HD it as higher contrast ratio and lower response time! It must have less ports etc

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Going off xbitlabs the 70 series is actually worse than the 50 series.

I have seen some positive stuff about the p2450h around the net, id say its a good choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

I was basically going to say exactly what Uberpixie said, he's got a good head on his shoulders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I was basically going to say exactly what Uberpixie said, he's got a good head on his shoulders :D

Hi do you know anything about the p2470H (not p2470HD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Tbh your stressing a little too much over such details.

You want to make sure it has all the inputs you need. Check your happy with the resolution and beyond that it doesnt matter much. Yes, brightness, response time and the contrast ratio arent unimportant, but any quality brand (such as Samsung) will have more than adequate numbers in that department. And I can guarantee you that you will never be able to tell a 5ms apart from a 2ms!

If you had 2 monitors which were practically identical on paper, id much sooner be making my choice on its appearance over whether the 310 candles is worth the 15 quid more over the 300 candle model... (this does not apply to the 2 you have pointed out above btw, there are several differences in those - already been outlined).

(And altho I posted this already, its so damn cute...!!)
    DaddybabysamsungC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

great pic swirly.

What sizes are those screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

py2006 wrote: »
    Hi do you know anything about the p2470H (not p2470HD)

see here http://xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-touchofcolor2_13.html#sect0

They have a look at the 50 and 70 series (touch of colour) They look at the p2370h no the 24" but that should give you a very good insight into the range. I would assume that the panels used would be very similar as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

I'm really impressed by how helpful everyone here is. It's refreshing, I'm used to forums where the response is, "Who cares?" and "Deal with it!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

I'm really impressed by how helpful everyone here is. It's refreshing, I'm used to forums where the response is, "Who cares?" and "Deal with it!" ;)

Now Marc, thats no way to get your free advertising... :P

But to the OP, I spent probably half an hour in the store that day I bought the above TV and I was also looking at another one which was a smaller 52'' but had a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (and a cheap 60'' LG, which I passed on mighty quick - the one time in my life I bought a lesser brand it was an LG DVR and it was utter ****e, after a month and a half i ran into a lil problem where the lazy programmers decided to only allow 99 chapters be created, so it began to randomly record over older files?!?! chucked it in the bin and bought the Sony - worth every freaking cent, its FAST and does everything correctly). Sidetracked ^^ Ehm, my point is that after going back and forth between the 2 models I had widdled it down to, I couldnt tell the picture quality apart and I had picked the brains of 2 sales assistances who basically said your not really going to be able to tell them apart... thankfully I went with the bigger one :D (trust me, when delivery day came I wasnt thinking 'oh noes, I dont haf mah million to 1 contrast ratio QQ')

Also fyi, whenever they quote a figure as "dynamic" its usually done based on a greyscale test (ie, best case figure for them, but in real world terms it is somewhat a 'fake' figure). So again Id say your in pretty safe hands with those such details if you go with a quality brand and your concerns should simply be - does it have the inputs you require and does it support the res you desire (and is it sexeh:cool:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

Looking through the official sites the differences between the p2450h and the p2470h, the P2470H is less power efficent in standby (1.3W vs less then 1 W). The p2470H has audio out connectors, while the p2450H has a VGA input. am i right in saying this?
    Is the audio out worth 70 quid?

P2470H
    http://www.samsung.com/be/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/monitor/lcd/LS24EFHKU/EN/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec&fullspec=F

P2450H
    http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/monitors/art-series/LS24LRZKUV/XK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec&fullspec=F

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

Advertisement