Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone draw me a dragon? (and sublicense the copyright to us ;) )

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right forum but we're a small club in university who are designing our club uniform. We found a very nice picture that we'd like to go with:
    0F9360F5663040D683A70EAB7E018EF8-800.jpg

But so far we haven't managed to contact the artist and get authorisation from her to use the image on our shirts. As a photographer I am very conscious of people using my images without prior approval and I don't want to do the same to a fellow artist.

So if anyone is interested in doing up a similar design (tribal dragon) and willing to allow us to use the image (in a non-commercial manner) that'd be great. We can give you credit on our website but as we're begging for money to buy balls from the powers that be we can't give any monetary remuneration.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Though if anyone wants to give us a basic design on a shirt that works just as well we'd be delighted with that too (must have black background, can't use too much orange or white).

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

attachment.php?attachmentid=97791&stc=1&d=1259736565

I expect a cheque in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

Smyth wrote: »

Thats the funniest thing i've seen EVER:D:D:D

Though to be fair - it's more like a salamander or gecko.

Where are the wings man?

As for payment...

Plus you didn't read the OP very well ;)

/snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Absolute genius! Best reply ever.... :cool:

You get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

nothing says irish college table tennis like a black shirt with a red gradiented gradon on it :D

Baggio... wrote: »
    Absolute genius! Best reply ever.... :cool:

You get what you pay for.

Actually we found many people willing to offer their designs for free - but went with the graphic designer of the supplier we're using in the end.

And speaking as a semi-professional photographer, we offer free services all the time too so you may want to revisit your sense of entitlement and self-worth ;)

Thirdfox wrote: »
    And speaking as a semi-professional photographer, we offer free services all the time too so you may want to revisit your sense of entitlement and self-worth ;)

Well speaking as a "professional" I don't work for free.... unless it's for charity or a mate. But I'm not going to get involved in a discussion about people charging for their work or not (as its been done to death on this form). All I'll say is that I agree with the OPs reply.

Like I said... best reply ever. ;)

Baggio... wrote: »
    Well speaking as a "professional" I don't work for free.... unless it's for charity or a mate. But I'm not going to get involved in a discussion about people charging for their work or not (as its been done to death on this form). All I'll say is that I agree with the OPs reply.

Like I said... best reply ever. ;)

If one doesn't want to offer their services for free I fully understand - however a snarky comment about getting what you pay for isn't helpful for this thread. You can start a thread on payment issues if so inclined (or as you stated, it has been done to death here...also on the photography forum).

As a photographer who does earn money from my photos I know that many people are willing to allow others to use their work for free. If you can emphatically state on behalf of all designers that there is no-one similar in the graphic design forum who'd like to see their work in public then I'd accept your point.

Otherwise, this was a serious thread that had been derailed by posters who were trying to be funny (though the image is hilarious - but completely irrelevant.)

And yes, I do offer free legal advice as part of my work in the free legal advice clinic. Those who can pay should, those who can't deserve a break too.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    deserve a break.

No comment.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I'll do it for you, if there is no major rush on this.
    Pm me the details please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hey that's pretty original, where can I buy this T-shirt? Plus if it comes down to it can I use this design commercially?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'll take a hundred.

I'll do it for you, if there is no major rush on this.
    Pm me the details please.

Thanks Scottie - we've already sorted the design out. This thread can continue being the joke thread it is now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I'm off to the dragons den. I think i've stumbled onto something here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement