Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

word of warning

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

what every ye do as gamers , don't ever break a bone in yer hand. FIVE WEEKS

FIVE weeks with out gaming , no cod 4 , no left 4 dead 2 , no mw2. no grid .

complete torture . been in a cast since the 22 of oct

It comes off on thursday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Did you break a bone in your head or your hand? Either way, sucks2bu. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

see can't even type ...edited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Get a Wii.

You don't need fingers for that. You just swing the yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

i snapped my left wrist badly when i was younger but luckily the thumb and middle finger still worked fine, so could play n64 while in the cast for 4 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Real men play through the pain!

• Advertisement

have Wii ...can only play certain games and they get old fast

and all fingers are covered by cast .

did try and add movement buttons to mouse as in walk forward jump and reload...but it was just not the same

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always manage to break my thumb or wrist around christmas. My advice is that turn based JRPGs are your friend since you only need 1 hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

right so *jots this down* don't break bones... gotcha.

Fractured both of my thumbs on a snowboarding holiday (don't ask). Just played PC games when I got back, thumbs aren't really a necessity when using KB&M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Time to whip out the old Konami Laserscope so..! :p

NES-Nintendo-Konami-Laserscope-Headset.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A friend of mine broke his arm back in the nes days, yet was still able to beat us at every game in California Games. Luckily i never broke anything.
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    Fractured both of my thumbs on a snowboarding holiday (don't ask).
    I'm sorry, but i have to ask :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

If you're prone to breaking your hand, pick up Bayonetta when it's released it has 1 handed play in it.

Thankfully I've never broken hand nor wrist. Just my arms and legs (not at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bull****. Pick up an RPG or something - you sound like you've never played monkey island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I remember I badly burnt my hand when I was a kid, it was in bits. Couldnt use it for a few days but still managed to play the 1st gran turismo on the ps1 by remapping the buttons :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Dude. Powerglove.

Broke a finger once, had a BF2 match the next day. Played right through. Dead hard, me.

Get fixed soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Get yourself one of these then...

Will take a fair bit of training but I'm told the feeling of controlling a game via your thoughts are just mind blowing when you eventually get it going good.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/ocz_peripherals/nia-neural_impulse_actuator

NIA_headband_1_big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You could also take up playing world of warcraft and just play a warlock, you only really need to roll your face around your keyboard to win.

^^
    True story.

^^

classic

but no my 5 weeks are up tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

you can finally play with your other joystick ;)

keyboard and mouse man

GF does the rest

see i was not getting drawn into anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fella that used to be in my clan used to play Mohaa with 1 hand...only had 1 arm He was actually very good too !! :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement