Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband coverage in Tullamore

Options
  • 24-11-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have mobile broadband, from Vodafone/O2/3?

Is the coverage good or bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

At the moment im using the new meteor pay as you go. Not available in Offaly but i got it in th 3g shop in Athlone. Im in Durrow and its ok, we had it in Tullamore and it was great.
    My ma has the 3g broadband and wants to change as too many finnicky problems with it. That is the old silver/white one. Another friend has the new black 3g and finds it grand.
    I only had o2 and vodafone in kilbeggan. They were ok, as good as the meteor i have now. Meteor is better in town though, im in the arse hole of Durrow surrounded by trees. Its going well considering its 'not available' in Offaly yet:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Yeah my sister had 3, and she was in Clonminch and it was crap, BIL still has it, and he's out in the sticks too, and its forever dropping. :rolleyes:

Whats the contract length with the Meteor one? Cos its only a temporary job i want until after Christmas, cos im in "housing limbo" til then, and will probably get an Eircom fixed package in my permanent place, but if im without internet all over Christmas i'll do me nut!! :eek::eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Yeah my sister had 3, and she was in Clonminch and it was crap, BIL still has it, and he's out in the sticks too, and its forever dropping. :rolleyes:

Whats the contract length with the Meteor one? Cos its only a temporary job i want until after Christmas, cos im in "housing limbo" til then, and will probably get an Eircom fixed package in my permanent place, but if im without internet all over Christmas i'll do me nut!! :eek::eek::p

No contract.
    Its pay as you go. 2.99 per day or 19.99 per month.
    The modem or whatever its called is 30 bob, then the special sim card is more. Cant remember as herself paid. Best thing is if it dosnt work they're offering a full refund, no questions for up to 7 days which is good. The refund is the reason why we chanced getting it.
    Meteors number is 1905 if ya want to call them.

PS thats the way my mothers 3g was, always dropping and stopping and starting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Sounds perfect, cheers Dusty. ;)

How do you find the 7.5gb limit? Im reading about it in the Tech section, and they say if you reach the limit before the 30days is up, you cant get another topup, you have to wait until your next 30days starts.

I do download movies and stuff, but can put that on the backburner til i get settled in the new gaff, do you find you reach the limit anyway, even with normal internet use, emails, youtube, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

I have o2 mobile broadband and am very happy with it. Speed of 2.2 to 2.5 Mb/s most of the time. Can be slower in the evening but not less than 1.0Mb/s. €19.99 per month for 18 month contract. i think you can get a free 3 day trial from the shop in patrick street. Dont forget that the more people using the service in the area the worse the service so a new service like Meteor with fewer users will be good now but will go down over time. It depends how far ahead they stay on network upgrades compared to customers in an area. Try o2 for the free trial and I think vodafone meteor and 3 also offer a get out clause in their contracts (but could be tricky).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Unconcerned

I realize this is an old thread but whatever you do (if your from the Tullamore area) don't get O2 broadband. They are over congested to an obscene level in our area and have no intentions to do anything about it; bar selling to more people. I've been after these people for a month to fix their problems but their only remedies are ripping up contracts. This was a good service but you'll be scrapping (every few mins during the day) with other users to get any bandwith, forced to disconnect and reconnect to the internet as no bandwith is coming through whatsoever.

I can't speak for any other service providers in the area but O2 are not the company to get your internet connection from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I have o2 broadband on my laptop and I have to say, I have no problems at all with them. For the amount Im paying, I personally wasn't expecting all that much from them but I have to say, i find it really good.

Advertisement