Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connect Broadband Message

• 24-11-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I recently got wireless in. Obviously it connects everytime I turn on my laptop and I can use the internet no problem. Except every few minutes a pop-up box saying 'Connect to Broadband' keeps popping up and this stops pages from opening etc. I click it off but it keeps coming back at random intervals. How can I fix this. I'm sure its an easy problem to fix. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,219 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where is the popup exactly? Is this a windows popup or some program that controls your broadband connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shantaram

Its a windows pop-up called Connect Broadband Connection. It asks for my username and password

you shouldnt have a username. a wifi connection should only need a passkey.

Im going to take a bet of my left arm though that this is the Dial-Up box for Internet Explorer. What the PoS program was never designed for clearly is Broadband though. Back in the modem days eircom gave you a username and password to get on their server... thats all handled by your broadband modem now, all by itself.

Do disable this popup, go to Internet Explorer's Tools menu > Internet Options. In the Connections tab, set the Radio button on the page (there should be 3 options) to the First Option: Never dial a connection.

This will take care of the popups and will not affect your internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Is it a wireless usb modem from a mobile phone company?

oh.

well then you may need to call them about it, if its their popup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement