Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone advice needed

• 24-11-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all, im looking at upgrading my phone at the minute. I am currently using the SE K750i and think its about time for an upgrade!

What features are important to you in a phone? :
    Camera > 2MP (incl flash possibly), GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi (not essential), decent internet browser, stable (i.e. software is not full of glitches), some capacity for external flash memory, bluetooth (incl remote control option for PC), MP3, Radio, QWERTY keyboard would be a big plus if its a touchscreen phone.

Form factor :
    Not a crucial factor, but phone will need to reasonably robust

Operator:
    I am currently on meteor bill pay lite so phone will need to run on the meteor network. As for purchasing the phone, I may have the option of availing of a friends vodafone bill pay upgrade.(is it reasonably easy to get the phone unblocked and change the settings to suit the meteor network?

Price range:
    Max would be about 150, but might be able to stretch a little further

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

HTC Hero ticks all of those boxes except for camera flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nokia e63 would sound like it ticks most of the boxes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

KamiKazi wrote: »
    HTC Hero ticks all of those boxes except for camera flash.
    yeah and it's truly awful in at night time. Just tried to take a picture there with the lights on in my room and it's still so so dark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yenwod wrote: »
    yeah and it's truly awful in at night time. Just tried to take a picture there with the lights on in my room and it's still so so dark

anyway you can delay the shot to absorb more light (exposure compensation) there might be a setting on the camera for it, should help with your night shots..have a look round the camera settings..i've seen it on one or two htc's before. Have a look for a + or - setting on the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actualy HTC hero doenst tick anything...

he needs:
    good camera - sucks
    Stable OS - sucks
    Price - budget only 150eu

I really whanted HTC hero, but more and more i see its really a crap at this stage :(. you need to wait for ver2, or waint untill androind will sort it out :(

I would suggest palm pre then, but even used one is 300eu...

try Samsung tocco ( not lite), there is a good deal out there: 230eu

• Advertisement

anyway you can delay the shot to absorb more light (exposure compensation) there might be a setting on the camera for it, should help with your night shots..have a look round the camera settings..i've seen it on one or two htc's before. Have a look for a + or - setting on the camera.
    interesting, must check that out, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

thanks for the replies, i will look in to those phones a bit more. Another phone I have come across is the Sony Ericsson U1 i think it is, what are peoples views on this? it seems to tick most of the boxes aswell I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

i have the se c902 very good phone 5mp camera good sound quality only 149 on 02 now although the se c510 might do u 3.2mp camera 119 on 02 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

It will have to be a phone available on either the vodafone or meteor network

Actually I forgot to answer the original question! I think the Nokia N85 would tick all those boxes. THat was my phone before I got the hero and it was an excellent phone, great quality camera and the most impressive battery life I've ever had from a phone. I think its available on Vodafone now

• Advertisement
Advertisement