Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Orders

Options
  • 24-11-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Apologies Mods if this is in the wrong place!:o

I ordered some items from an online store in England yesterday-all the items are in euro.

I was told that I could pay by a money or postal order. So today I got a postal order for the value of the items, in euro. However, It says to make the postal order out to the company, but I have no idea where to write their name! Also, on the postal order, it says 'Payable in the Republic of Ireland only'. So, will the English based company be able to cash in this postal order?

I'm so confused!!:confused: Where do i put their name and can postal orders be sent internationally?

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Irish postal orders can be cashed anywhere in the E.U. however most banks charge extra for this service.
    It would have been easier for you if you have a email address to pay through Paypal or Moneybookers who are very secure.They do charge a fee however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Em.. I would be very weary of a company the accepts postal orders as payment. Have you checked the legitimacy of the company?
    Most scammers accept them as they cant be traced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

MartyS wrote: »
    Em.. I would be very weary of a company the accepts postal orders as payment. Have you checked the legitimacy of the company?
    Most scammers accept them as they cant be traced.

Thanks for both yere replies!:)

I have checked their legitimacy, they also accept credit cards etc.! I just wanted to pay by postal order because I dont want to put alot of things on my Credit Card! Thanks for you concern though!:)

Advertisement