Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cambridge Motor Company - Any Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

No, but they have been trading for a very long time at that address and that would always be a good sign in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I dealt with them before...didn't buy but seemed reputable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't get that Mk IV ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rapidude

Robertr wrote: »
    Anyone had any dealings with this crowd?

http://www.cambridgemotorco.ie/

They usually have reasonably priced stock and its usually fairly straight.
    Any dealings I've had with them (A mate bought a Corrado and brother bought an IS200 off them) have been OK.

The fact that the doors are still open and they are still trading is a very good sign......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

James, is sound and looks after the cars, usually drives them home, but always showing them if you get my meaning, cars are always spotless and ready to view. He's a trustworthy lad to boot. Just happen to know of him from my neighbourhood, absolutely no affiliation to garage.

Secman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Wife bought a car off them, wasn't happy with it. Engine management light was turned off, turned out the coil had gone which meant the cat also went. Cost nearly €1k to get sorted. Do not know who turned the light off, but I would advise to double check everything on the car first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

Wife bought a car off them, wasn't happy with it. Engine management light was turned off, turned out the coil had gone which meant the cat also went. Cost nearly €1k to get sorted. Do not know who turned the light off, but I would advise to double check everything on the car first.

Hi OldmanMondeo - was the car still under warranty when the problem arose?
    Was anything said to the garage?

Thinking about buying from them so would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikemacC

Last October I bought an 04 Toyota Avensis from the Cambridge Motor Co. based on Sundrive Rd. in Crumlin. I hadn't ever heard of them before I came across them on the net, when looking for a car.
    To their credit , this car, like all the other cars in stock, was immaculately presented , was fully serviced and lived up to the description of the car on the website, unlike many of the cars I had viewed before I came acros this garage.
    I paid a fair price for it but the car was as clean as a whistle and I received a three month warranty with it. In that time the clutch began to slip and had to be replaced. Later, practically within the last couple of days of the validity of the warranty a fault common to the toyota avensis (the headlight casing melts) developed in my car and that too was replaced by Cambridge motors under warranty. I have had no problems since with the car.

The reason I am making this post is because, so often, we have to resort to forums such as this to complain about poor service but I want to take this opportunity to give credit where it is due. Cambridge Motors were professional in every way and very easy to deal with . The quality of service I received from this garage was, without doubt, second to none. The guy I dealt with , James Harbourne, was a pleasure to deal with . He was not the least bit "pushy" when selling the car and was exceptionally helpfull when I contacted him when problems developed. The necessary repairs were carried out quickly and any without quibble.

This was my first time dealing with this garage but it will be my first port of call when looking for a car in the future. If you visit their showrooms and speak with this salesman I think you will immediatly know why I would have no hesitation reccomending this garage to anyone on the look out for a car.

Mike Mac C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

MikemacC wrote: »
    Last October I bought an 04 Toyota Avensis from the Cambridge Motor Co. based on Sundrive Rd. in Crumlin. I hadn't ever heard of them before I came across them on the net, when looking for a car.
    To their credit , this car, like all the other cars in stock, was immaculately presented , was fully serviced and lived up to the description of the car on the website, unlike many of the cars I had viewed before I came acros this garage.
    I paid a fair price for it but the car was as clean as a whistle and I received a three month warranty with it. In that time the clutch began to slip and had to be replaced. Later, practically within the last couple of days of the validity of the warranty a fault common to the toyota avensis (the headlight casing melts) developed in my car and that too was replaced by Cambridge motors under warranty. I have had no problems since with the car.

The reason I am making this post is because, so often, we have to resort to forums such as this to complain about poor service but I want to take this opportunity to give credit where it is due. Cambridge Motors were professional in every way and very easy to deal with . The quality of service I received from this garage was, without doubt, second to none. The guy I dealt with , James Harbourne, was a pleasure to deal with . He was not the least bit "pushy" when selling the car and was exceptionally helpfull when I contacted him when problems developed. The necessary repairs were carried out quickly and any without quibble.

This was my first time dealing with this garage but it will be my first port of call when looking for a car in the future. If you visit their showrooms and speak with this salesman I think you will immediatly know why I would have no hesitation reccomending this garage to anyone on the look out for a car.

Mike Mac C

You registered just to say that?

Please don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement