Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24th Nov Strikes... What a joke

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Sizzler wrote: »
    Grand, so those 50 odd people are in breach of the act? Where do I report them and what will be done?

Depends, its six per entrance maybe there are a lot of entrances to that place. You could report them to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

prinz wrote: »
    +1. More suited to After Hours I think.

Already is a thread in AH bout it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055749612

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

seamus wrote: »
    And what will happen if you don't picket? Nothing. You choose to picket. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

they can be reported to their union branch, fined (I think) and kicked out of the union.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Its absolutely teeming down rain now here, hope the picketers get drenched, it will serve them right.

they can be reported to their union branch, fined (I think) and kicked out of the union.

yeah right, like Jack O'Conner and the rest of the pampered overpaid leaders of the unions are going to do without peoples union dues, thats gonna happen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Depends, its six per entrance maybe there are a lot of entrances to that place. You could report them to the Gardai.
    Theres one entrance, the main door onto Burgh Quay.

Report them to the gardai PMSL, sure they are Gardai :o Some joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭bridgitt

Its absolutely teeming down rain now here, hope the picketers get drenched, it will serve them right.

Agreed - I saw one old car driving through a puddle and drenching some picketers today. I am sure many people would love there to be big puddles beside the strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

LOL! As if !

I really really hope Lenihan has the balls to knock the tax relief for union subs on the head in the budget, lets see how many people will stay with them then, given they are moaning about their paycuts now, will they take another hit to fund the likes of Begg and O'Connor on their 150k a year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't be fined. They can be expelled, big deal. If the workers who voted against strike action (or didn't vote) all boycotted the picket, there's no way the union would do anything about it.
    Even if one person boycotted, I can't see them doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Cheers I'll tell my pregnant wife who was out pickiting in the rain she has your support. you p r i c k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Well that's being made a joke of, take a walk around the city centre and you'll come across gangs of people blocking the footpaths getting dizzy walking around in circles.
    markfla wrote: »
    Cheers I'll tell my pregnant wife who was out pickiting in the rain she has your support. you p r i c k

Why lie to her, she plainly doesn't. It's her union that has her out in the rain, no one else.

Theres one entrance, the main door onto Burgh Quay.

Report them to the gardai PMSL, sure they are Gardai :o Some joke.

Call Joe Duffy maybe!!!

Just went out and gave umbrellas to two picketers near my house. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Some joke.

I don't see it? Want to explain it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

All schools that were intended to be picketed were when I was on my way to my picket. Primary schools were not supposed to. How about all the parents who had to take the day off? Most of those I know from my neighbourhood headed North shopping today. That's their business.

I didn't force her to go out there picketing matey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zeus faber

This is exactly what the govt want, private sector and public sector at each other throats,it just deflects away from the mess they have made of our country. The public service has its problems and everybody failed to address them in the good times but umtimately it is the govt fault by looking after everyone to be gauranteed seats at election times.
    And they are still in Govt?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

zeus faber wrote: »
    This is exactly what the govt want, private sector and public sector at each other throats,it just deflects away from the mess they have made of our country. The public service has its problems and everybody failed to address them in the good times but umtimately it is the govt fault by looking after everyone to be gauranteed seats at election times.

You missed the other blindingly obvious partner for this mess we're in, the public sector unions.

€400 million a week being borrowed, whoever caused it (cue ps workers to go off on rants here), it isn't sustainable.

Referring to the IMF on a PS thread is almost like Godwins law at this stage

• Advertisement

I didn't force her to go out there picketing matey.

financial circumstances did MATEY

financial circumstances did MATEY

the country is broke, your wife and all the rest of the PS need to face that fact.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Everyone here needs to remember to be civil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zeus faber

Jip wrote: »
    You missed the other blindingly obvious partner for this mess we're in, the public sector unions.

When I stated "everybody" I do certainly mean the Trade Unions and the countries banks, but hey, the Govt are the ones in running the country and they totally failed to save for a rainy day or to address the situation until it was way too late

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Everyone here needs to remember to be civil.

People forget who the real people at fault in all of this are.
    The rest of us minions, whether we work for Public Service, Private Sector, own our own small business or are unemployed.

We still have the same government that led us to this point.
    Not one banker/member of golden circle/developer has done jail time.
    The banks are STILL no in state ownership, they should frankly if they are that critical to the countries health.

I know the country is broke, I can understand if the money is not there it ain't there, I've been advocating meritocracy for years in the public sector ala private sector....I know that many departments are bloated with numpties who are not needed, it's the Gardai, nurses and teachers I feel sorry for....they never had any wages of extravagance ala builders bankers or myself in the good times.... I see the protests as a simple matter of self preservation....right or wrong.....but they have a right to protest (or go shopping!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

the Govt are the ones in running the country and they totally failed to save for a rainy day or to address the situation until it was way too late

Uhm, National Pension Reserve Fund? Not to mention we went into this crisis with one of the lowest levels of Government debt in Europe, despite the crazy borrowing that went on in the 80s.
    markfla wrote:
    it's the Gardai, nurses and teachers I feel sorry for....they never had any wages of extravagance ala builders bankers or myself in the good times.... I see the protests as a simple matter of self preservation....right or wrong.....but they have a right to protest (or go shopping!)

You're living on another planet if you think €63k average salary is not extravagant. Not to mention that they still have secure pensionable jobs after the collapse, whereas all the builders are on the dole queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Seen loads of picket lines. Don't know who is going to Newry, jumping to conclusions saying they are PS workers isn't it.

apparently COPPER FACE JAXX was thronged last night with nurses and other ps workers who had the day off today , taxi drivers on radio said they were as busy as any weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Copper Face Jacks is thronged every Monday evening with Gardai and Nurses. It's a sight to behold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

prinz wrote: »
    Then why didn't you do that two, three, five years ago?

I worked for a state agency under contract for over 3.5 years constantly rolling my contract awaiting sanctioning from dept of finance for the position I filled after that an hiring freeze and I was told to basically F. off

A few others I know in the same boat, so believe me I tried not that easy to get into the civil service/public sector

Advertisement