Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLASER LRS2 owners

Options
  • 24-11-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Any blaser Lrs2 owners able to share info etc with what ammo shoots best with their 308-243 LRS2, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Must be on my own so.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Don't take it personally. There are a good few Blazers out there but a lot of guys (like me) have the 6.5x55. When I bought mine there was a ban on 308s.

Good luck with the rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

freddieot wrote: »
    Don't take it personally. There are a good few Blazers out there but a lot of guys (like me) have the 6.5x55. When I bought mine there was a ban on 308s.

Good luck with the rifle.

Seen some nice groups at 600y at midlands with a 6.5x55 LRS2 a while ago using Lapua 139g scenars, My 308 LRS2 seems to group better with the 185g Lapua scenars, tried the 155g scenars but accuracy seems better with the heavier 185g pill, could be down to the 1.11 twist of the 308 blaser barrel prefering the heavier pills.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

It can group well at 600y and I've seen 6.5s shoot well at 1,000 in Bisley as well. The 139s are the best for it. Only problem with the factory 6.5s is that the mag is not quite long enough for the scenar bullet and you load individually rather than from the mag (not as much of a problem if you cook your own I'm sure). Small price to pay for a fantastic rifle.

I've never shot the 308 but I would expect you are getting excellent results. Might be worth emailing Blaser to ask what round they recommend as I think most of their sales of the LRS2 are the 308 version.

Advertisement