Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute of Halfords in Galway

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Is there there any substitute of Halfords around 5-10 miles of Galway?

I'm looking to buy scratch repair kit for my car, which is available at Halfords. But none of them are nearby. Any other source to buy scratch repair kits in Galway? Or at least an online source that would ship to Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

mikebites wrote: »
    Is there there any substitute of Halfords around 5-10 miles of Galway?

I'm looking to buy scratch repair kit for my car, which is available at Halfords. But none of them are nearby. Any other source to buy scratch repair kits in Galway? Or at least an online source that would ship to Galway?

Try woodys, B&Q or any local motor factor.

I'm sure Calbro will have them. Any bits for the car I don't get online I usually get in Calbro.

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=2524

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

I got something similar from Calbro. Got the color (400 ml), primer and liquer (small tubes) separately. Cost me €21. Whereas the repair kit on Halfords website has it together (all in small tubes) for €15.

Considering the extra paint I bought it's worth and good to know about this store. Also saved my journey to Limerick. Thanks to both zarquon and Cayden Rough Repairman. BTW, I tried website of Woodies and B&Q but could not locate any car paint. I don't think they sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Theres a Halfords in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Could try the store in Headford Rd shopping centre, They have a pretty good cross-section of stuff... Also the motor factors on the Tuam Rd (Liosban ind. est.) Car parts direct or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

That's one thing I've always missed in Galway. A Halfords would do a great trade I think.

As mentioned though, Calbro motor factors are my choice after that.

Although the Motor Store(think it's called that) if you're in an emergency for some things. Although I'd avoid if possible as they don't have much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Halfords are a bit of a rip-off this side of the border in my opinion, you're better off in the diy shops or other places that have been mentioned, was in the Sligo one the other day and the prices were just stupid, worse than Maplins. Wish we had our own Irish chainstores in this country anyway instead of all these places sucking money out of the system.

This is thread of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

This is thread of the day!

I thought you were being sarcastic! Haha, it actually is thread of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

The Castlebar Halfords doesnot have the particular scratch repair kit I needed. Halfords' website has the option to check whether the product is available in a particular store.

Anyway, my experience with Calbro was not bad and also thanks for other suggestions. I'll try them next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭bridgitt

I'm sure Calbro will have them. Any bits for the car I don't get online I usually get in Calbro.

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=2524
    Calbro are good alright

Advertisement