Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan problems

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Alright lads.

Have a loan from a bank at home. Living abroad for the past 2 years and haven't really made payments (on and off).

Anyways, they got some cash collection gang or something onto me.

Now my situation is as follows.

Living in Asia, making enough to live on here.
    My monthly repayments which they say can't be lowered are 100 yoyos. 100 yoyos is a not unsubstantial chunk of my salary when you take currency exchange into account.

What really annoys the hell out of me is that I haven't found a cheap way to send money home. 'Wiring' it home last time between banks cost me 40+ euro between all costs.

Can anyone suggest a cheap efficient way to send money home ?

Also I'm half thinking to just stop trying to make payments altogether. I've asked them to lower the cost and I've asked them to help me with finding a cheaper means of sending cash home and they have done neither. Ok fair enough its not their job you say, what sickens me even more is that its MY BANK that I owe the money to that are getting most of the 40 euro 'wire' fee.

What can they legally do to me if I stop paying ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Can you not use online banking and set up an account at home as a benificiary and transfer money this way. It's how I paid my Mam rent when I was living at home and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You could ask can you send the money over a couple of payment's at a time. Or transfer what you can to an irish account assuming you have one say 400euro at a time. This way you wont be paying €40 on every €100 you send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

NothingMan wrote: »
    Can you not use online banking and set up an account at home as a benificiary and transfer money this way. It's how I paid my Mam rent when I was living at home and it's free.

Ok so I have a bank account at home. (Ireland -> Euros)
    I have a bank account here. (Asia -> Currency X)

Your saying I can connect them so that I can transfer funds from here to home, from currency X to Euros, free ?

Am I the worlds biggest eejit ? :confused:Please explain how I would do that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

PayPal.

Also, I assume you plan on never coming back? Because you've completely fúcked up your credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

NothingMan wrote: »

I think that's only in EU countries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

PayPal.

Also, I assume you plan on never coming back? Because you've completely fúcked up your credit rating.

Well I wouldn't say 'never' but yeah pretty much plan on living abroad for the next few years anyways.

I know about my credit rating, couldn't do anything to stop it.

Thanks, will look into paypal.

Advertisement