Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No posts to my thread today!!!??

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Having had numerous posts to a thread I started regarding why its was those with jobs who were doing all the tallking about the economy, I have had NO posts up to and including this point today - has it anything to do with the public sector strike, shopping in the north, pending flooding of Limerick, JEdward;s next career move - or is Boards.ie obsessed with the public sector because it is predominantly populated by the public sector?

Answers on a postcard to ..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

uhhh what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is that a trick question :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

You are either implying that the vast majority of daytime posters are public sector workers (I have no idea - I'm not, but I'm in a disaster recovery centre after our office was obliterated in the floods, waiting to get up and running, so I've not much else to do right now)

Or else, you were implying that nobody is interested in discussing anything but the public sector. I, for one, am quite tired of talking about it and wish the government would just go and do their job already.
    But its little surprise that its the main talking point - the PS unions have led the silliest campaign in history and people are , in general, livid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    (I have no idea - I'm not, but I'm in a disaster recovery centre after our office was obliterated in the floods, waiting to get up and running, so I've not much else to do right now)

bit off topic, but i nearly fell off my chair when i read this.

I dont care about the PS, and im private.

But then i dont post much anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Take a look through some of the threads on the Public sector and you will see a ratio of about 6 or 7 to one against.... unless they are attacking themselves then its fair to assume they are in a minority of posters on here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement