Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise Against

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

Whats your opinion on Rise Against, are they Punk or Rock or Alternative?

I have loved them for a long time and think Siren song was Punk but since then its become more mainstream!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

My favourite album is the sufferer and the witness.

Appeal to reason was almost pop it was so weak. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

My opinion is that they are most def not a Punk band but they do put on a good live show...
    I photographed them last year in the Academy.

01FE5B0F10BB4FA39B946F54DFC7A98E-800.jpg

http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/334991/goto/835969

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Only really heard of them from Guitar Hero but they are anything but Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

I see on their myspace page they describe themselves as Punk/Hardcore/Rock :rolleyes: :D

bannerbhoy wrote: »
    I see on their myspace page they describe themselves as Punk/Hardcore/Rock :rolleyes: :D
    Why :rolleyes:?

I can't put this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I4nNj1r4uQ) in any genre but Punk/Hardcore/Rock. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Give It All is from siren song and they definitely had a different vibe back then, although saying that I prefer the sufferer & witness. New album is magic aswell.

I went to see them in the Academy last year and by far it was the best gig I ever attended, so much energy and the crowd were only there to see RA.

I kind of wish they would hit the big time over here!!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Rise Against severely lost it after Revolutions Per Minute.

Rise against aren't indie, perhaps their manager forced them to get into the 'teen demographic'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

hmmm they used be nice and fast alright... really like that song bricks off the newer stuff and the old stuff isnt bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Hmm, I've always kind of described them as "melodic hardcore". But I guess it's pretty hard to classify music these days, especially when a lot is down to opinion.

Either way, I saw them last year in the Acadmey also, and they were pretty unreal. I'm not a huuge fan, but I do enjoy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Rise Against severely lost it after Revolutions Per Minute.

This. Pretty much all downhill from there.

Advertisement