Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding lessons for young children

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction..

I have a seriously horse mad 3 yr old little girl & would love if I could take her somewhere twice a mth where she can be lead around on a small pony & maybe do a little bit of grooming?? She has no fear at all & as been led around on a 14hh before not at bother..

Can anyone help?? We are in South Co.Dublin so anywhere in Dublin or Wicklow would suit..

Mod edit: Originally posted by coolwater

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ann81

Would Maynooth be too far?

I haven't been here myself but a friend takes her son here
    http://www.clonfertmaynoothequestrian.com/packages.html

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

convert wrote: »
    I have a seriously horse mad 3 yr old little girl & would love if I could take her somewhere twice a mth where she can be lead around on a small pony & maybe do a little bit of grooming?? She has no fear at all & as been led around on a 14hh before not at bother..

Most schools wont take children for lessons until they are 4yo, for some the age limit is higher. For 'helping out' the age limit is 6-8.

I think it is highly unlikely that you will find a school that will take a 3yo. Supervision and insurance will be a big issue.

Similar thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657045

From Clonfert's website '[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Children, however, must be over 5 years old for group lessons however we have pony rides for the younger rider.'

[/FONT] She might at least get pony rides here.[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Shelleysbaby

convert wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction..

Can anyone help?? We are in South Co.Dublin so anywhere in Dublin or Wicklow would suit..

Mod edit: Originally posted by coolwater

I would recomment Kellystown they have really nice ponies and most of the people there are kids. I rode there for two years and found them really good. They also have a small pony named Whisper who is lovely and very quite, great pony for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

My riding school won't take children until they're at least 6. Personally I'd feel 3 is a bit young, although she might get bored of just walking around and not want to go riding again, which would ultimately save you money :D;)

Advertisement