Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 10 on Setanta a week late?

• 24-11-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭

Scuse me if I've missed something, I don't want to go onto the other TUF 10 threads as there are spoilers.

Is it just me or is the Setanta TUF series a full week behind? From what I know Episode 10, Schaub vs Madsen, broadcast in the States around the 18th of November, so should have been on in the UK on the 21st and Ireland on the 22nd.

I watched TUF on Setanta last Sunday night but it was Episode 9, Nelson vs Wren.

What's going on? Surely this will mean we don't get the full series watched before the finale show on December 5th?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They showed the same episode two weeks in a row so are now a week behind.

I emailed them about it and got no reply.

Hopefully they'll just show an extra episode one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hopefully they'll just show an extra episode one week.

That would be common sense though, likely too much to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Yep, they repeated the same episode for two weeks running with no explanation or proper reason. I tried mailing and calling too but no one got back. Setanta are really bad IMO, i knew they'd mess this up when i heard they got the rights to TUF10 , throw in the adds every five minutes and they're really taking the wee wee with this series.

Lord Muck wrote: »
    Yep, they repeated the same episode for two weeks running with no explanation or proper reason. I tried mailing and calling too but no one got back. Setanta are really bad IMO, i knew they'd mess this up when i heard they got the rights to TUF10 , throw in the adds every five minutes and they're really taking the wee wee with this series.

Bad enough that I have to pay for ESPN AND pay for Setanta, now they can't even get it right? Are they getting TUF 11 too? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Will they be showing the final live or will it be ESPN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BigSiyo85

I know yeah, them Setanters are rubber heads. Playin the same one twice putting me right in the **** !!!! See Nelson Wren yeah.....pathetic. Couldnt see either of them fight on a main card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I think Episode 11 is on for 2 hours, I was full sure they said that after Episode 10.

Yes, 4 fights on episode 11.

If anyone does get any joy contacting Setanta could you let us know here? I'm never home in time to get them on the phone and emails seem to be a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Double episode on spike tonight yeah.

Seriously can't justify paying 20 quid a month for setanta just for a match or 2 and 4 episodes of TUF every month.

• Advertisement

consultech wrote: »
    Double episode on spike tonight yeah.

Seriously can't justify paying 20 quid a month for setanta just for a match or 2 and 4 episodes of TUF every month.

I thought they reduced the subscription fee after the whole UK collapse and the loss of most of the Prem games? I thought it was doen to about €13?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I thought they reduced the subscription fee after the whole UK collapse and the loss of most of the Prem games? I thought it was doen to about €13?

Oh yeah, probably. In that case insert €13 in place of €20 in my original post. My statement still stands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Been checkin out UK scheldule on radio times website and nothing at all about any 2 hour episodes. This Satursday the normal 1 hour show and next Saturday(5th Dec) two 1 hour episodes.

Could be showing final 2 1/4 finals in 1 episode and then 1 semi in each last show.

Anyone know if US is showing final shows next Wednesday as usual? I'll have to try and download it as got xmas dinner on 5th :rolleyes:

I thought it was doen to about €13?

€16 if you watch on satellite.
    Devastator wrote: »
    Anyone know if US is showing final shows next Wednesday as usual? I'll have to try and download it as got xmas dinner on 5th :rolleyes:

Checking out the UFC website and it says the two episodes on tonight are repeats with a two hour episode next Wednesday and the finale on the Saturday night.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Calendar

The Spike TV schedule also shows repeats for tonight.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    €16 if you watch on satellite.

Checking out the UFC website and it says the two episodes on tonight are repeats with a two hour episode next Wednesday and the finale on the Saturday night.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Calendar

The Spike TV schedule also shows repeats for tonight.

Its all very confusing. What possible sense could it make for them to show repeats tonight and shove last two 1/4 finals and the semi finals all into last show?

You'll be watching 2 fighters in the semi's who have just fought few minutes before :( IMO it would be better to show 1/4s this week and semi's next week.

Suppose that link could be wrong, just gotta wait to see whats on for downloads tomorrow

It would be a bit mad if both the UFC and Spike websites were wrong. But we will know tomorrow.

I just hope we don't end up with the crap Bravo gave us a few years ago, where the Finale was shown on Sunday night and the second semi final afterwards! I think they also advertised the finale show including who was in the TUF final, although we hadn't seen either semi.

There was no new episode of TUF 10 on Spike this week. There will be a 2 hour episode next week.

There was no new episode of TUF 10 on Spike this week. There will be a 2 hour episode next week.

What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

evidently its because of thanksgiving

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    evidently its because of thanksgiving

Apparently lads knockin six shades of shít out of each other in a cage doesn't uphold the family values of giving and togetherness synonymous with thanksgiving.

Hmph, who would've thunk it?

Just to summarise...

There were 2 quarter final episodes, then a break and the last 2 QFs and the 2 semis will all be on one double-episode.

In the States and UK, the 2 QFs have been shown, in Ireland we got the first one twice.

There is only 1 weekend left before the finale which means that the States will get the TUF double Thursday 3rd December and the UK will get it on the 5th, a few hours before the finale airs.

So, presuming that Setanta shows us the missing QF this week, then their last show will be on the 6th, AFTER the finale. For feck's sake, how hard is it to show a season of TUF? Not only do they miss out an episode altogether, they also schedule their shows for Sunday night when they would have known well in advance that the finale show is early Sunday morning.

noticed no downloads available :(
    consultech wrote: »
    Apparently lads knockin six shades of shít out of each other in a cage doesn't uphold the family values of giving and togetherness synonymous with thanksgiving.

yet 1 of american football's biggest days of the year is thankgiving....where they knock 6 shades of **** out of eachother on a field, not to sure how the family values and giving works out with this but there is definitely togetherness aslong as you are wearing the same team shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think that it has more to do with them wanting to promote the possibility of Kimbo replacing someone for the final time as much as they can rather than Thanksgiving. TUF airs on a Wednesday in the US anyway

noticed no downloads available :(

Episode 11 is up for downloading now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

pm'd you

God bless you Show Sports 4.

God bless you Show Sports 4.

Will have to wait till Tue. for the last episode. Better then nothing.

I aint complaining anyway. Good episode.

• Advertisement

I aint complaining anyway. Good episode.

Just seen the first 10mins and I was like WHAT!!! will watch the rest of it now. And I wont spoil it for anyone.

I already know the semi final lineups.........thanks to ufc.com :mad:

They have actually put who is fighting who on the site, ****:mad:

Episode 11 is on...
    NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT on Setanta. Unbelievable. No listing on Sh'tanta or ESPN for the finale show yet though.

Episode 11 is on...
    NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT on Setanta. Unbelievable. No listing on Sh'tanta or ESPN for the finale show yet though.

ESPN (uk) ain't showing it, finale isn't going to be shown until Dec 10th on five usa :rolleyes:

great job UFC, give the rights to terriestrial tv to **** it up and we dont get to see a live show

where?? :confused:

found it, fastest ever download, over 1.Mb p/s :eek:

ESPN (uk) ain't showing it, finale isn't going to be shown until Dec 10th on five usa :rolleyes:

great job UFC, give the rights to terriestrial tv to **** it up and we dont get to see a live show

If Five-USA are getting it in the UK, when will Sh'tanta show it? February???

• Advertisement

The internet will have it Sunday morning.

The internet will have it Sunday morning.

That's not much use to me. And while the internet solves the problem for most people, it's a joke that this is the service we're getting from the UFC and Sh'tanta.

That's not much use to me. And while the internet solves the problem for most people, it's a joke that this is the service we're getting from the UFC and Sh'tanta.

How is it s*it service from the UFC? We get all UFC PPVs live and for free. This is the first time in a long time we dont get to see the event live.

How is it s*it service from the UFC? We get all UFC PPVs live and for free. This is the first time in a long time we dont get to see the event live.

We don't get them free, we get them cheap. ESPN subscription is not free. We get it cheaper than the American PPV system because this is a smaller and younger market. And yes, this is the first time in a long time that we don't get a live event, that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

I totally agree that this is much more Sh'tanta's mess than the UFC's, but it is the UFC's responsibility to ensure that their broadcast partners deliver a decent product. TUF on Sh'tanta is a major failure for a number of reasons.

1 - The UFC boasted that the UK and Ireland would get TUF 10 FREE on TV. Sh'tanta is not free for Sky subscribers. I have had to shell out €16 a month for episodes and a finale that are always late and sometimes missing.
    2 - Episodes showing at 11pm on a Sunday night when they go out in the States on a Wednesday or a Thursday. Even the UK gets them 24 hours earlier than us.
    3 - They missed Episiode 10 for a week, we only got it last Sunday.
    4 - There is still no date for when TUF 10 finale will be shown. It's the 10th in the UK, so safe to assume a few days later for us.

We pay less than the Americans, yes, but cheaper things are not necessarily good value.

Cheap = good value
    Cheap crap = cheap crap

PS, I know I sound like a moaner, but this whole season has been made a hash of and it's frustrating!

Sh'tanta, I don't see that catching on.

• Advertisement

We don't get them free, we get them cheap. ESPN subscription is not free. We get it cheaper than the American PPV system because this is a smaller and younger market. And yes, this is the first time in a long time that we don't get a live event, that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

I totally agree that this is much more Sh'tanta's mess than the UFC's, but it is the UFC's responsibility to ensure that their broadcast partners deliver a decent product. TUF on Sh'tanta is a major failure for a number of reasons.

1 - The UFC boasted that the UK and Ireland would get TUF 10 FREE on TV. Sh'tanta is not free for Sky subscribers. I have had to shell out €16 a month for episodes and a finale that are always late and sometimes missing.
    2 - Episodes showing at 11pm on a Sunday night when they go out in the States on a Wednesday or a Thursday. Even the UK gets them 24 hours earlier than us.
    4 - There is still no date for when TUF 10 finale will be shown. It's the 10th in the UK, so safe to assume a few days later for us.

We pay less than the Americans, yes, but cheaper things are not necessarily good value.

Cheap = good value
    Cheap crap = cheap crap

PS, I know I sound like a moaner, but this whole season has been made a hash of and it's frustrating!

I don't blame you for being a 'moaner' and I agree that 'Sh'tanta' (love that btw) are crap for there TUF shows. What I was saying is we don't have to pay PPV prices like they do in the US and we get the PPV live. It would be great to have the TUF 10 finale live but that is not going to happen. When you think about it I don't blame people for downloading events (the ones that don't air live in Ireland that is)

Sh'tanta, I don't see that catching on.
    Maybe, maybe not. Tis true though.
    I don't blame you for being a 'moaner' and I agree that 'Sh'tanta' (love that btw) are crap for there TUF shows. What I was saying is we don't have to pay PPV prices like they do in the US and we get the PPV live. It would be great to have the TUF 10 finale live but that is not going to happen. When you think about it I don't blame people for downloading events (the ones that don't air live in Ireland that is)

Like I say, there's no doubt that we get things cheaper in the UK and Ireland. Seats at live shows are cheaper, (I paid nearly the same for front row seats at 99 as I did for upper tier cheap seats at 100) and for years we got delayed UFC on Bravo for nothing more than the standard Sky subscription.

But it comes back to my point about cheap crap. We have to get it cheaper because it is a smaller market and the UFC simply wouldn't get away with doing PPV over here. They wouldn't grow at all because only the hardcore fans would pay for it. But while cheap is fine, what Sh'tanta have given us since their UK collapse is cheap crap. I'd rather have paid a bit more per month and have up to date TUF episodes and the finale live.

Speaking of the finale, apparently today's Daily Star is reporting that the finale is on ESPN live. Hope this is true, but I seriously doubt it. I think they're just assuming it's live as normal. I doubt that Five-USA and Sh'tanta would do a deal for the episodes of TUF and then leave the live finale to a different broadcaster.

swings and roundabouts!

Nowhere in the uk(legally) can show a live football match at 3pm on Saturday's, but setanta Ireland show a live game.

Maybe, maybe not. Tis true though.

Like I say, there's no doubt that we get things cheaper in the UK and Ireland. Seats at live shows are cheaper, (I paid nearly the same for front row seats at 99 as I did for upper tier cheap seats at 100)

I did the very same, UFC 99. 2 tickets at 280euro each plus 40euro to get them posted out to me. UFC 100, 2 tickets at $500 each, plus another $500 each for the VIP tickets to the fan expo. (well worth it though)

I did the very same, UFC 99. 2 tickets at 280euro each plus 40euro to get them posted out to me. UFC 100, 2 tickets at $500 each, plus another $500 each for the VIP tickets to the fan expo. (well worth it though)

I only had $300s at 100. And standard tickets for the Expo, which meant it was crap. Stood in a queue for 5 feckin hours, missed the first bunch of fighters, which included Machida and Couture I think, and when I finally got there, Rumble Johnson was missing as he was judging the Octagon girl contest and Shane Carwin didn't show. Then we weren't allowed to take pictures with the fighters, just get autographs. Sanchez, Florian, Jardine and somebody else, can't remember.

Expo was a bit cack in other words unless you had VIP tickets.

I only had $300s at 100. And standard tickets for the Expo, which meant it was crap. Stood in a queue for 5 feckin hours, missed the first bunch of fighters, which included Machida and Couture I think, and when I finally got there, Rumble Johnson was missing as he was judging the Octagon girl contest and Shane Carwin didn't show. Then we weren't allowed to take pictures with the fighters, just get autographs. Sanchez, Florian, Jardine and somebody else, can't remember.

Expo was a bit cack in other words unless you had VIP tickets.

It was a good job we went for the vip tickets, only in the queue for about 5mins. Could not take pics with fighters but we got a private Q&A with Dana (we could take pics) went to the Hall of fame (Ice man and Mask) and by luck we got some tickets to the pre show party at the Mandalay Bay Beach (I sit next to Chuck's Mam & Dad at the hall of fame) they give us there tickets.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/wrestling-wwe-ufc-mma/2009/12/the-ultimate-fighter-10-finale.html#comments

Still nothing on Sh'tanta's coverage.

EDIT,
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/
    Setanta appear to be making up for not showing the episodes on time by showing the final live, 1 day before it even happens... They have it listed for 3am on Saturday morning.

Seriously though, it would appear that they may well be showing it, and that's just an error. Still showing the finale BEFORE the QFs and SFs but better than a week later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Pretty lame it is on Setanta 1 and not Setanta Ireland as I have Setanta Ireland on basic NTL with ESPN and Sky Sports. Setanta is not worth 15 a month for what you get. When I was looking at their schedule I came across Setanta 1 are showing WEC Wreckage which is the WEC's version of Unleashed. Could Setanta be getting the WEC? They have the rights for it in Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 morrissey1987

boys i swear ta god this is the biggest pile of **** i wish them useless **** broadcasters setanta went bust wen they shud have now the cheek of dem to even attempt ta buy the rights of tuf 10 aftr dem losing the ufc deal...this in the meantime meant not only was i payin €17 for espn €22 for sky then i had ta fork out €16 for setanta for one hour of a program once every week..but as bad as it was i cud deal wit dis cos i knew id cancel it cum december wen tuf was over..but the absolute **** ups dat setanta have made during dis seasons tuf is bollox like it makes u tink whether there employing downsyndrome monkeys to organise wat programs to be shown stupid *****!! anyway aftr anxiously assuming the final wud be live dis sat the other dAY i cudnt find it anywhere so i started panicing so i made the stupid idea of ringing dem ****heads to find out wat the story was..needless ta say ur man looked but cudnt find it so he sed maybe they werent showing it at all so i spent the next five mins abusing him and setanta as a whole..then cancelled my direct debit in the bank with dem only to find out now they have it listed for sat morning at 2am - 5am which isnt technically possible as it wont be happening in the us till 24 hours aftr so its obviously a mistake an prob be on the sat but now my ****ing subscription is cancelled ****ING S'HTANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

that post is hard to read :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement