Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 10 on Setanta a week late?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

TechnoPool wrote: »
    that post is hard to read :rolleyes:

I couldn't even be bothered after about 7/8 words :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tomagetti

Think he's trying to say he cancelled his Setanta subscription earlier than he should and now regrets it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

boys i swear ta god this is the biggest pile of **** i wish them useless **** broadcasters setanta went bust wen they shud have now the cheek of dem to even attempt ta buy the rights of tuf 10 aftr dem losing the ufc deal...this in the meantime meant not only was i payin €17 for espn €22 for sky then i had ta fork out €16 for setanta for one hour of a program once every week..but as bad as it was i cud deal wit dis cos i knew id cancel it cum december wen tuf was over..but the absolute **** ups dat setanta have made during dis seasons tuf is bollox like it makes u tink whether there employing downsyndrome monkeys to organise wat programs to be shown stupid *****!! anyway aftr anxiously assuming the final wud be live dis sat the other dAY i cudnt find it anywhere so i started panicing so i made the stupid idea of ringing dem ****heads to find out wat the story was..needless ta say ur man looked but cudnt find it so he sed maybe they werent showing it at all so i spent the next five mins abusing him and setanta as a whole..then cancelled my direct debit in the bank with dem only to find out now they have it listed for sat morning at 2am - 5am which isnt technically possible as it wont be happening in the us till 24 hours aftr so its obviously a mistake an prob be on the sat but now my ****ing subscription is cancelled ****ING S'HTANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you talk funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

boys i swear ta god this is the biggest pile of **** i wish them useless **** broadcasters setanta went bust wen they shud have now the cheek of dem to even attempt ta buy the rights of tuf 10 aftr dem losing the ufc deal...this in the meantime meant not only was i payin €17 for espn €22 for sky then i had ta fork out €16 for setanta for one hour of a program once every week..but as bad as it was i cud deal wit dis cos i knew id cancel it cum december wen tuf was over..but the absolute **** ups dat setanta have made during dis seasons tuf is bollox like it makes u tink whether there employing downsyndrome monkeys to organise wat programs to be shown stupid *****!! anyway aftr anxiously assuming the final wud be live dis sat the other dAY i cudnt find it anywhere so i started panicing so i made the stupid idea of ringing dem ****heads to find out wat the story was..needless ta say ur man looked but cudnt find it so he sed maybe they werent showing it at all so i spent the next five mins abusing him and setanta as a whole..then cancelled my direct debit in the bank with dem only to find out now they have it listed for sat morning at 2am - 5am which isnt technically possible as it wont be happening in the us till 24 hours aftr so its obviously a mistake an prob be on the sat but now my ****ing subscription is cancelled ****ING S'HTANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    FAIL

Twas a fail indeed, but he did call it Sh'tanta so...
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Sh'tanta, I don't see that catching on.

:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Avoid UFC website if you don't want to know who's in the Finale.

It's not a torrent but you can watch the semi's here

http://www.lowkick.com/TV-Shows/TUF-10-Episode-12-The-Final-Hour-Video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

ollieo wrote: »
    It's not a torrent but you can watch the semi's here

http://www.lowkick.com/TV-Shows/TUF-10-Episode-12-The-Final-Hour-Video
    No good Ollie. Find me a torrent and be quick about it.
    Fellows one must say that this situation is most unfortunate. One sincerely hopes that those broadcasters of poor standing in our community, that is to say the Setanta Sports Corporation, would have liquidators appointed to them post haste as they should have in the past.

One finds it thoroughly disingenuous of them to attempt to procure the rights to broadcast the tenth series of The Ultimate Fighter having already lost the rights to the Ultimate Fighting Championship's pay per view events and other events such as Fight Nights. All this occurring while one was already paying seventeen Euros for ESPN and twenty two Euros for a broadcasting package from the Sky Corporation. One is now expected to aquire further funds of sixteen Euros for a programme lasting a mere sixty minutes once every week? Jolly bad form I'm sure you'll agree chaps.

However, one could be expected to accomodate such circumstances as one was within rights to terminate one's agreement with the aforementioned Setanta Sports Corporation at year's end, which was to coincide with the end of the aforementioned The Ultimate Fighter televisual programme series. However the Setanta Sports Corporation have shown on a multitude of occasions in the recent past that mistakes may well be their forte, so much so that it leads one to speculate that they may in fact have employed staff who are not best equipped to deal with the sort of scheduling conundrums often thrown up in the running of a modern televisual station.

Hitherto, one had assumed that the final (and indeed live) broadcast of the aforementioned The Ultimate Fighter series would indeed be televised. One attempted to confirm this for one's self by making a telephone call to said Setanta Sports Broadcasting Corporation but the unfortunate soul at the other end of the line was as baffled as his customer and eventually one was informed that the broadcast may indeed not be televised. One found this intolerably galling and so, one felt it necessary to spend the following find minutes giving the scallyway in question what for. He was informed of one's opinions in no uncertain terms and was certainly put in his place.

One endevoured to expediate the termination of one's contract with the Setanta Sports Corporation by instructing one's financial broker of choice to cease payments to the Setanta Sports Broadcasting Corporation with immediate effect. Imagine one's dismay when, one further inspection, the finale of The Ultimate Fighter televisual series was now scheduled to be broadcast in the early hours of Saturday morning (though obviously, this was in error as to do so would be impossible as the event is not scheduled to take place for a further twenty four hours). One made the assumption that the broadcast in question would in fact take place live as had originally been hoped. With one's subscription cancelled it leaves one in quite a tight spot I'm sure you'll agree.

To summarise, the poster is not best pleased with the Setanta Sports Broadcasting Corporation.
    Fixed for you. ;)

Appologies for poor spelling and inappropriate use of fancy dan words. Spelling is not my strong suit and I couldn't be botherd to spell check it.

I don't use torrents John, my d/l speed is too slow, I just watch videos online

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

They showed the same episode two weeks in a row so are now a week behind.

I emailed them about it and got no reply.

Hopefully they'll just show an extra episode one week.

Seems they have done the same thing AGAIN this year, im pretty sure that was the same episode this night that was on last week :confused:

Pretty shocking stuff...

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm a Fight Club member so I can contact the administrator on there to bitch about it. I've been complaining there for a while about the fact that they boast about TUF being free but it's not free for Setanta customers. I've not watched the recording yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, they showed the same episode last night as they did a week ago. Are they doing it just to annoy people?

Just sent another message to Rachel at FC.

I have been moaning to her for ages about the fact that we have to pay for Setanta AND ESPN, despite regular promises that TUF will be free. (I know it's free to NTL customers but I'm sure the majotiry use Sky).

Now Setanta are continuing their regular balls ups on top of it.

Well the UFC don't give a damn. She ignored the complaint about Sh1tanta going a week behind AGAIN, just answered the moan about how Setanta isn't free by saying...

"From our understanding, most households get this for free".

Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Well the UFC don't give a damn. She ignored the complaint about Sh1tanta going a week behind AGAIN, just answered the moan about how Setanta isn't free by saying...

"From our understanding, most households get this for free".

Balls.

I wonder how many people have to download it every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

I have Setanta Ireland for free, and they make such a **** of it I dont bother watching thm and download it instead

Advertisement