Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know about baby bouncers?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:45pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I'm having trouble with a baby bouncer I constructed (well bought and put together). When the child is in it she's looking at the ceiling, as in, the chair is too far back. She's slightly pointed in a diagonal direction but really, she sees the same as she would see in a cot. And the whole point of getting the bouncer was so that she could see what is happening.

Have I constructed it wrong, or is there something wrong with my bouncer? The child on the box is looking forward and seems very happy about it. There's a picture here: http://www.babyfarm.ie/new-cosatto-lullaby-vibrating-musical-bouncer-149.html If you can see that photo, you'll see the child's legs are flat, whereas our baby's legs are going up diagonally, the chair is a sort of V shape for us.
    Maybe I should post a photo of my creation....

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Any chance you could put a picture up of your own from roughly the same angle as the sample one you provided?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ok, I'll try do that now.

Ok, I've tried to attach a photo to this post. I had two but only one would upload. Thanks for trying to help!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I put your picture alongside the one from the web, and I wonder if the orange connector below the seat which holds it all together is assembled correctly? It doesnt look right, and the bar in front of baby, which fits into it, is also at the wrong angle?

Might be caused by the orange connector being on the wrong side.

You might have the rhs connector on the LHS and vice versa.

Looking at your picture I cannot see any indentations like there is on the sample picture.

On looking closer, you might just have the connectors on the correct side but just upside down.

• Advertisement

Thanks people. I'll start again after work!

Hopefully all will go well!

I usually start as :confused:, then :eek:, then :mad: and finally :D when putting together stuff like that! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Hopefully all will go well!

I usually start as :confused:, then :eek:, then :mad: and finally :D when putting together stuff like that! ;)
    I usually go :mad: :mad: :mad: then have a cup of tea and start again later.

It doesnt help that a lot of this stuff has instructions translated from chinese into gibberish.

Good luck op, hope you have a doh! moment when you look at it again and it all becomes clear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

More and more now all you get is photos and no written instructions a bit like something out of The Generation Game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gizajob

The back piece looks ok so it could be that the bottom piece is in upside down rather than the connectors being the wrong way round.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

It is all wrong, some of it is back to front, and other bits are totally in the wrong place. plus some of the bars are not pushed in fully. Take it apart again, get out the instructions and take your time putting it together.

I have often rushed these 'simple' frustating constructions and got them totally wrong as well. Slow but sure is the way to go. Either that or get someone to do it for you. As it stands it looks more like a baby version of a straightjacket;)

It is all wrong, some of it is back to front, and other bits are totally in the wrong place. plus some of the bars are not pushed in fully. Take it apart again, get out the instructions and take your time putting it together.

I have often rushed these 'simple' frustating constructions and got them totally wrong as well. Slow but sure is the way to go. Either that or get someone to do it for you. As it stands it looks more like a baby version of a straightjacket;)

:D Thank you for that! I was really hoping you'd come along and say 'It's fine, you just need the child to sit in the thing and make the front bit go down with their weight'. But no. I'll try again in the morning!
    Thanks everyone.

dory wrote: »
    :D Thank you for that! I was really hoping you'd come along and say 'It's fine, you just need the child to sit in the thing and make the front bit go down with their weight'. But no. I'll try again in the morning!
    Thanks everyone.

Any luck sorting that out?

Yes, after battling with it again today I got it working just fine. The orange bits at the side were upside down, so I just took it apart, flipped them up and everything was good.

But now I've discovered that our 3 week early bundle of joy is in no way able to fit in it! She couldn't even get her feet either side of the stirrups. So it'll be a lovely ornament for a while!
    Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

dory wrote: »
    Yes, after battling with it again today I got it working just fine. The orange bits at the side were upside down, so I just took it apart, flipped them up and everything was good.

But now I've discovered that our 3 week early bundle of joy is in no way able to fit in it! She couldn't even get her feet either side of the stirrups. So it'll be a lovely ornament for a while!
    Thanks everyone.
    Great stuff. Be aware as well though after about a year plus, the young one will be able to bounce this chair so much as to allow it to fall over. I found my little one flat on her face after bouncing it so much that the chair fell over on top of her.

it wasn't dangerous or anything, she just outgrew it. She bounced her way to a faceplant in front of me.;)

Advertisement