Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using wireless for internet, yet firefox 3.0.5 constantly tries to dial up.

Options
  • 24-11-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Using wireless for internet and it works grand, yet firefox 3.0.5 constantly tries to dial up. No problem other than constantly being interrupted and having to click cancel. Quite annoying really.

I cannot find settings the do this within the internet options/connection settings. If you know how to ammend this, please let me know! Thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It may be another program trying to update that is getting Firefox to try and connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Darc Shadoe

it happens when I connect to a new website, and while streaming videos from youtube. thanks for the observation though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try disabling your dial-up connection if you always use wifi

Advertisement