Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't access ROS (Revenue Online Services)

• 24-11-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to claim tax for previous years as I'm currently unemployed. I've gone onto the revenue.ie website and tried to login to ROS. Unfortunately, I can't. They seem to have revamped the site/login procedure. Before I'd just enter my username and password. Now they look for something to do with digital certificates. I've gone to the troubleshooting page and downloaded the latest Java software but I keep getting an error message saying "Java applet failed to load". Gone through other things as well. Can anyone recommend a solution or give me a techie email address for revenue. Can't find any on the website.

thanks.

picture.php?albumid=875&pictureid=4361

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Moved to the TAX/Biz forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The certificates MUST be located in C:\ROS\RosCerts

You MUST have Java installed.

and you MUST use the 32-bit version Internet Explorer (or Firefox)

The deadline for 2008 elapsed last Monday, so you will be fined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I had a similar problem a while back, try rebooting your computer and opening ROS without any other tabs open on your browser. I think the Java application can conflict with other websites open at the same time.

Other than that, the ROS helpline is 1890 201106 or 01 7023021 or their email is roshelp@revenue.ie. They are usually very good although according to their website they are on strike today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    The certificates MUST be located in C:\ROS\RosCerts

You MUST have Java installed.

and you MUST use the 32-bit version Internet Explorer (or Firefox)

The deadline for 2008 elapsed last Monday, so you will be fined.

No sign of any ROS Certs in my C drive anyway. Don't think I'll be fined for not applying though. The government is hardly gone that bad in trying to get taxes from the people is it?:)

Advertisement