Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract issue

• 24-11-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just want to get some advice on a little problem with UPC signed up for broadband and phone with them a few months ago. set it up so it was direct debit. On account of this i dont alway read my bill for a couple of months as its always paid anyway

after two months i got a bill fairly high bill saying the first payment had failed and had carried over. I paid the first bill which was high due to the connetion charges and wanted to pay the second but was holding out to contact them and see why the dirct debit failed. Also there was a small fee for non direct debit payments. Small as it was did not want to have to pay this and wanted direct debit set up on my account. I had planned on within a week of contacting them after paying the irst but before that i was cut off. I contacted them then and asked why the first payment had failed and was old they went to debit my account and was refused. I was not overdrawn so could not figure it out. UPC could not give me the account details to see if there was a Mistake. If payment fails your accounts go off the system so they say.

I contacted my bank and no approach was made by them to take money. Now not that i have a problem paying, felt it was bad form if its a mistake on their side in taking down my account details incorrectly. I also feel it was very very bad form in cutting me off after the first was paid. Im not happy with their tone or service and would like to now what my rights are.
    Ive now signed up for wimax which is doing what it says on the tin and happy with that. UPC want to charge me 100 extra for breach of contract but i feel it was they who are wrong.

My main problem was being cut off after paying the first and they could provide me no details at all. Again if i was wrong hands up ad would pay them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since they've cut you off, it's hardly you that has broken the contract. Anyway, get a letter from the bank stating that UPC never set up the direct debit on your account, this will put the fault for that with them. Then, pay off what you do owe them for the time you were connected. Write to UPC, with a copy of the bank letter, and explaining what happened, and show proof that you've paid what you do owe. After that, ignore them and anything they send to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement