Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! tag dilemma!

• 24-11-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi guys.
    I was in Newry yesterday and I bought a teddy as a present for someone, and when I got home to Dublin I realised they had left the security tag on it :mad:

its a ink tag.. basically all I want to ask, is if anyone knows a shop in Dublin where ink tags are used?
    I dont want to go back up Newry, mainly cause i dont have the time.
    Its a rectangular shape and has a yellow and a red ink in it. I already tried Birthdays but they dont have the machine to remove it.
    Any help would be great,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Most machines remove it. JD sports used to use ink tags. Any store will be extremely sketchy about taking tags off for you. Does the store you bought it in have a branch down south?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Make sure you bring the receipt and if possible have it in the carrier bag from the store...will make it all the more believable when they are suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

thanks, ill try town tomorrow. i have the receipt and a bag from the shop, hopefully ill get some help! And i emailed the customer service of the place to tell them, so maybe they might have a store closer to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you take an inktag through the doors of a shop that has the inktag security system set up would there maybe be a chance of it going off? Maybe give the shop a call before walking through and destroyin' your teddy :)

~~sorry, ignore me, I just copped that security tags that exploded going in or coming out of a shop would be a stupid idea and it only goes off if you try take it off, having a muppetty afternoon!~~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

This happened me before only Cork to Limerick but I didn't want to drive back to sort their mistake.
    I just rang the shop and they had a business relationship with a Limerick store and I was asked to bring it there.
    I didn't feel as embarrassed as I would be walking into random stores.
    A phone call might be quicker to sort it out.
    Hope the teddy's ok ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement