Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reccommend me a cheap good fisheye for nikon

• 24-11-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi i've a Nikon D60 and I'm looking for a fisheye lens preferably cheap enough and good quality. Can you recommend me what I should get

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Do you want good, or do you want cheap?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Nikon 10.5mm is quite a good lens. Think they can be picked up for around €500 last time I looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Samyang 8mm f3.5
    I ordered 1 a few days ago and researched everything I could about it online.
    some say its better than the nikon 10mm

Its manual focus only but almost everything will be in focus at f3.5

the samyang is much better than the zenit 16mm f2.8 which is another cheap option

I sold my canon ef 85mm f1.8 which is a brilliant lens and used the money to buy clothes(!) and the samyang 8mm so I'm fairly confident about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There are no cheap fisheye's really. You get what you pay for in regards to lenses especially on the really wide or really long ends.
    I've been down the Sigma route years ago and had the Sigma 15mm fisheye on 35mm format and on my D3 and it was a great lens and I'm sorry I sold it to upgrade to the Nikon 16mm fisheye.

I had the Nikon 10.5mm on a D200 a few years ago and it was really good too. My opinion is that if you want a good lens, spend the money and don't be disappointed.

There is the Sigma 10mm fisheye too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pete4130 wrote: »
    There are no cheap fisheye's really. You get what you pay for in regards to lenses especially on the really wide or really long ends.
    I've been down the Sigma route years ago and had the Sigma 15mm fisheye on 35mm format and on my D3 and it was a great lens and I'm sorry I sold it to upgrade to the Nikon 16mm fisheye.

I had the Nikon 10.5mm on a D200 a few years ago and it was really good too. My opinion is that if you want a good lens, spend the money and don't be disappointed.

There is the Sigma 10mm fisheye too.

I disagree in this case, samyang have a very nice 85mm f1.4 that costs around 200euro and beats the nikon version in performance as well as price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement