Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Muslims

• 24-11-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

I am Catholic seeking a greater understanding of Islam, especially from any 'Paddies' who may have also once been Catholic or of the Christian Faith generally. One or two of you have already been in contact so far and I very much appreciate that. If there is anyone in the Sligo region - I would like to 'wreck' your head with some questions if this is possible? If you are not Irish please don't let this stop you from contacting me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Common on people! I'm replying to myself, for God's sake where are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

If people want to reply they will, bumping your own thread is generally frowned upon

I am sure the good people of this forum will reply to you at some stage but as you may have noticed it can be quiet in here at times, maybe it will be busier at the weekend

If people want to reply they will, bumping your own thread is generally frowned upon

I am sure the good people of this forum will reply to you at some stage but as you may have noticed it can be quiet in here at times, maybe it will be busier at the weekend

Sorry about that it was not my intention, I'm just hungry for knowledge of Islam. So forgive my enthusiasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Sorry about that it was not my intention, I'm just hungry for knowledge of Islam. So forgive my enthusiasm.

Not a bother, your enthusiasm is to be commended, I did however have to point it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 al noor

Salaams.

What is your question? Do you want to start discussion here or privately? I am not in Sligo, but may be able to help you with your queries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I am Catholic seeking a greater understanding of Islam, especially from any 'Paddies' who may have also once been Catholic or of the Christian Faith generally. One or two of you have already been in contact so far and I very much appreciate that. If there is anyone in the Sligo region - I would like to 'wreck' your head with some questions if this is possible? If you are not Irish please don't let this stop you from contacting me.

Salaam Medicman,

I suggest you post some of your questions in the thread as it may help other Irish people who are interested in learning more about Islam. You can also PM any of us with any questions you don't want to appear here.

I would prefer not to post specific questions in the public forum. I understand perfectly the potential benefit of sharing my quest with similar like minded Paddies. But I am also wary of attracting the 'Muppet's' who will offer nothing except negativity and criticisms. Now I know you moderator folks would quickly sort thing out but I rather save you the trouble.
    One question, if I do decide to post a general question in future, will I have to start a new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mfays

Its all very positive so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

I would prefer not to post specific questions in the public forum. I understand perfectly the potential benefit of sharing my quest with similar like minded Paddies. But I am also wary of attracting the 'Muppet's' who will offer nothing except negativity and criticisms. Now I know you moderator folks would quickly sort thing out but I rather save you the trouble.
    One question, if I do decide to post a general question in future, will I have to start a new thread?

I can sympathise with you about the "Muppets" (despite having been accused of being one myself once in a thread on this forum :rolleyes:). I don't know whether you have looked at previous threads, but there was an interesting one earlier this year where someone had some basic questions on Islam and got some good answers, until the muppets and the trolls arrived and the thread died. Here's a link.

Subject to what the moderators think, I would recommend starting a new thread if you have a particular question, because this makes it easier for forum members to spot the question and contribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Don't worry medicman, anybody acting the muppet will be banned and their post deleted immediately, we are well used to dealing with them :-)

Regarding general questions you can post them in here if you like, however if you think there will be a lot of discussion involved perhaps a new thread is best. If the do post something in this thread and it is getting a lot of response, I or one of the other mods can easily move all the relevant content to a separate thread so don't worry too much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Anton.Mamyko

Well why did you not keep it public? Would have done a lot of good having one thread that doesn't get banned and that actually shows a person's exploration of Islam.

Advertisement