Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should a Sotw be implemented?

• 24-11-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Just wondering cause on all the forums I go to there's a weekly (Or monthly) photoshop contest where peeps post the work they made in that week (Or month) and the winner gets put in a special "museum of art thread". There's a thread where everyone posts their work, then a thread where everyone votes.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It depends, purely on interest.

It's not something that'd lure more people in to partake in the DA&D Forum and, as it stands, DA&D has since quietened down considerably in comparison to the past - As such, you could start such a thing to test the water but if there's very little interest then you'd pretty much be picking the winners from the same handful of people each week with very few people, if any, being sucked into the event over time - But we can't be certain of this so it's not to be brushed aside, either.

I've a few plans and ideas for Forums under my wing this coming new year so don't rule out such an idea just yet - But with the way things are at the moment I've an automatic negative feeling that it won't garner as much interest as it should, at least not right at this minute.

Maybe we can conjour something up over time to implement in the New Year and to spice the place up a bit - Something like the above would be a good start.

Any ideas you'd be willing to share? Most artwork subsections are dying on the forums I visit. All the olds are leaving and very little newbs are filling the gap. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

*sigh*

Advertisement