Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico - Sunday 29th November

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Why we let go of Pique, I'll never know. His reading of the game is absolutely excellent.

On the note of the match, well done Barca, despite Sergio, again, showing his immaturity.

Also, I think Ibra has just proved all his doubters wrong, what bigger stage to score than El Clasico.

Puyol had a cracker of a game.

Great defensive performance from both teams.

Congrats, Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pique was let go because there was only enough space for one up and coming CB's in the United squad, and it was a choice between him and Evans. In terms of young CB's, that's a bloody nice choice to make. Fergie thought Evans would be better in the English game, and to be honest, I think he may be right. Pique I think is much better suited to the Spanish game, his reading is just utterly outstanding, while he can get outmuscled imo. Although he hasn't been tested on it in a while.

Still, outstanding footballer. I always felt United sold him back on the cheap to Barca because they Barca were playing hardball and Fergie didn't want to stunt Pique's career. While it might seem like a bad idea in this one case, if we didn't let talented players who want to get more game time move on, they wouldn't join us in the first place. As such, it makes good business sense, even if you have to see Rossi and Pique tearing it up in La liga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was doing a bit of work so only half watching the game, was Ibra's goal his first touch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Puyol is playing as good as I've ever seen him recently. That block on Higuain, wow, he just appeared out of nowhere. I was sure that was a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I was doing a bit of work so only half watching the game, was Ibra's goal his first touch?

No he'd been involved a fair bit before even in the move itself. Even before the goal the difference was huge after he came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8385676.stm

Article here from the BBC website about the level of skill on show last night in Barcelona. Have to agree though the quality of play and players was the best I have seen in a long time. It nearly had €1 billion worth of talent on show with the majority of the best players in the world on view. I cant see anyone stopping these 2 apart from Chelsea who will play like they did last year and hope to knick a goal, something they are well capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Warper wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8385676.stm

Article here from the BBC website about the level of skill on show last night in Barcelona. Have to agree though the quality of play and players was the best I have seen in a long time. It nearly had €1 billion worth of talent on show with the majority of the best players in the world on view. I cant see anyone stopping these 2 apart from Chelsea who will play like they did last year and hope to knick a goal, something they are well capable of.
    A view further endorsed by Phil Ball below:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=705983&sec=europe&root=europe&cc=5739

Advertisement