Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Hart has left Portsmouth!

• 24-11-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

As above....according to Sky News!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Surprised he wasn't sacked a few weeks ago tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

What a joke of a club, 3 owners and 3 managers in a couple of months. He had em playing ok and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

baz2009 wrote: »
    Surprised he wasn't sacked a few weeks ago tbh.
    Bit harsh methinks. Kept them up last season and has had to deal with mass clearouts. Also had some very unlucky results against Everton & Spurs in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bring back 'Arry. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who's free? Sven!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Surely Avram is taking over?

Moscow to the championship in 2 yrs, thats good going.

I imagine he'll do it, at least for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He mustn't have known there were so many Jews and Algerians knocking about the place until Zaki gave him a heads up.

(joking - obv)

Zaki was right - its all the Jews fault! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

whos gonna want that job..tough one .... they can play some good football at times

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Any reason given?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Any reason given?

(a) Would he know any more than us and (b) does he even post on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

poor poor pompey :( feel sorry for hart do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

if you sell your whole team in a year and replace them with freebies - theres only one place your going - and Hart becomes the fall guy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

thebaz wrote: »
    if you sell your whole team in a year and replace them with freebies - theres only one place your going - and Hart becomes the fall guy :confused:

I agree. You can't blame the manager when the whole purchase of the club became a shambles. He did well to keep them up last year, albeit unattractive football. Avram must be in line for the job, who from the outside would take it? Apart from myself of course, and I know all about unattractive football being a Toffee man.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Grant said he didn't want the job as reported on 2fm anyway say he'll take it up till someone else can be found
    Darren ferguson maybe, might be able to get a couple of loans off spurs and manu that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Grant said he didn't want the job as reported on 2fm anyway say he'll take it up till someone else can be found
    Darren ferguson maybe, might be able to get a couple of loans off spurs and manu that way?

Darren Ferguson is apparantly the bookies favourite. It could be father v Son on Saturday.

The whole thing is a shame really, Hart was excellent in charge of the youth team, he steps in to fill the void when Adams is left and because the club gets dicked about by some fat useless gob****e he ends up getting the job on a full time basis.

He did ok and we were playing well, considering what he had to put up with. If we had the players we had under Redknapp with Hart in charge, things would have been a lot different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

First Southgate and now Hart. That's two silly sackings so far imo. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next man be Alan Perrin MK II, although having said that, any got odds on Southgate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

It is ridiculous sacking Hart. They sell all their best players, give the guy fcuk all money so what to they expect. I seen Portsmouth recently and they were not that bad. They should have won against Stoke and they were playing some nice football after everything they have went through. Hart was finally finding his feet as the manager and then they sack him when they show promise. I thought they would have a decent chance of staying up but I think they have shot themselves in the foot again and the Championship beckons now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its a bit of a poisoned chalice for anyone who takes it on a permanent basis. Don't think it would be a great move for ferguson, he's better off at a middle or higher team in the championship imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Feel sorry for Hart. He has done all he could really considering what has gone on at the club in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Worst sacking ever. He might have gotten them out of it had he been aloud stay. They put together a few good performances as of late. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

So was it a sacking or did he walk?

Reports are saying he is being offered a job ''upstairs''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Prufrock wrote: »
    Worst sacking ever. He might have gotten them out of it had he been aloud stay. They put together a few good performances as of late. :confused:

or even if he stayed quietly imo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Interesting to read that Darren Ferguson is one of the favourites for the job. I would've assumed that after the novices of Adams and Hart that they would go for someone with a bit more PL experience. And if it's a relegation battle they're in then Alan Curbishley is their man.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Daysha wrote: »
    Interesting to read that Darren Ferguson is one of the favourites for the job. I would've assumed that after the novices of Adams and Hart that they would go for someone with a bit more PL experience. And if it's a relegation battle they're in then Alan Curbishley is their man.

I think Curbishley would be a good appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Avram grant is the new manager

Advertisement