Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carousel

• 24-11-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Great to see the Carousel back in John Roberts Square! Really gives a nice lift to the city centre! :) Kudos to all involved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

yep i agree, it looks cool and brightens up the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Indeed and Penney's is reopening on Monday, :) and there keeping the one in Poleberry as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

€3 per person is a bit steep in a recession - would be better €3 per horse, they might get more people.

Cost me €6 to allow my 3 Year old to have a go, 'cause I had to ride with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    and there keeping the one in Poleberry as well.

Really? I hope they put some more work into the interior to make it look something other than temporary then. But it would be good if they do stay open there.

I was happy to see the carousel being brought back in too. It's a nice feature for the period.

Anyone know what the other temporary place being built beside it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Kahless wrote: »
    coffee dock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It looked great last year
    3174193879_fb666dc72a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Kahless wrote: »
    Really? I hope they put some more work into the interior to make it look something other than temporary then. But it would be good if they do stay open there.

I was happy to see the carousel being brought back in too. It's a nice feature for the period.

Hmmm...I wonder can they sustain two shops of that size in such close proximity to each other, not to mention the extra set of staff needed?

It'd be great if they could though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

it's the holiday season penny's hire seasonal staff. I think it is sustainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

trishw78 wrote: »
    it's the holiday season penny's hire seasonal staff. I think it is sustainable.

So they're not keeping them both opened after the Jan sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Can't wait to head home and soak in the festive cheer! :D Is the place looking seasonal apart from the carousel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Asmodean wrote: »
    Can't wait to head home and soak in the festive cheer! :D Is the place looking seasonal apart from the carousel?

flash has pretty cool decorations up outside revs, same as last years but i think a little bit different? apart from that cant see much else at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

anplaya wrote: »
    flash has pretty cool decorations up outside revs, same as last years but i think a little bit different? apart from that cant see much else at all.

Because of Flash's decorations, I cna't see much at all when I'm driving up John's Street! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Because of Flash's decorations, I cna't see much at all when I'm driving up John's Street! :D

I'm glad cause its still November.
    To me, Christmas decorations shouldn't go up till December.

Yeah me too, I think the last week of Nov/start of Dec is plenty of time. Can't believe some shops had stuff up the day after Haloween!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

decorations up in the high street now.:D to nkay,tis some glare off them alright.looks cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

Asmodean wrote: »
    Yeah me too, I think the last week of Nov/start of Dec is plenty of time. Can't believe some shops had stuff up the day after Haloween!

it is the last week of Nov - less than a month to xmas day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

foxylad wrote: »

Ah yeah Flash, I think you're grand having them up now. People are just starting to have their Christmas nights out in the next week so no harm in a venue where such a night will be taking place decorated festively!

Even if they do blind me a little!

Which is why I have no complaints about them being up! :D Just incase you misunderstood me. lol

Advertisement