Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Cracking Querie

Options
  • 24-11-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

So say I had an xbox that got cracked but wasn't used online whilst it was cracked. I then uncrack it before going online, shouldn't I be safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

munkydanny wrote: »
    So say I had an xbox that got cracked but wasn't used online whilst it was cracked. I then uncrack it before going online, shouldn't I be safe?

No. It's commonly believed that August's live update "to prepare for twitter/last.fm" included a piece of code who's only job was to log if you had cracked firmware. This data is logged, when you go online it will be sent to xbox live. You will most likely be banned.

The only way to be safe is to never use xbox live on your cracked xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭munkydanny

Just how unsafe would I be now that the ban wave is over?

Just how unsafe would I be now that the ban wave is over?

The ban wave is over?

so I've read anyway.. the majority of it anyways.

so I've read anyway.. the majority of it anyways.

What you've read is wrong, I know a guy who got banned yesterday. You asked if it's safe to go online even though you modded your xbox and unmodded it, my answer is no. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being definitely banned and 1 being getting away with it, I would put it on about a 7-8.

Either way you're running a major risk putting your console online, I wouldn't do it if I wasn't already banned

• Advertisement

Well it's pretty much goosed anyway..

Well it's pretty much goosed anyway..

Your options are:

1) Offline xbox, complete with install to hard drive and maybe the ability to earn achievements on the modded console and transfer them to another one without corruption

or

2) Go online, get banned, lose the install to hard drive feature and enjoy corrupt gamertags etc etc

I'd go for 1, all the time - I really miss the install to hard drive feature :(

That makes a lot of sense I guess. Much as I wanna play COD online I guess I'd be as well to either wait till the new firmware is released (jan sometime I think) or sell it to someone who doesn't want to play online..

Or don't be cheap if you want to play online, have a legit xbox with a legal copy of the game :p

Advertisement