Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound quality on TodayFM

• 24-11-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Anyone else notice that TodayFM has a different sound quality to other stations? Ian dempsey, Matt Cooper, Tony Fenton, they all sound like they're talking into a bucket. It's difficult to explain, there's almost an echo or muffling sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

i never noticed but why does fm104 sound so different to the other stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Pat2107 wrote: »
    i never noticed but why does fm104 sound so different to the other stations?

FM104 seems to have a powerful signal and has really good sound quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

FM104's signal is no more powerful than any other Dublin station (in Dublin, Today FM on 100.9 in actual fact has a far more powerful signal than FM104 do).

The reason for the huge differences in sound quality is due to their audio processing settings. Today FM go for a quieter, more "open" sound. FM104 just up the volume of every part of the sound to be as loud as is technically and legally possible for FM. Most people associate "loud" with "powerful". I personally find FM104 hard to listen to - their sound is very "harsh" and full of distortion. But they must be going for the aim of being loudest and most powerful on the band and clearly, your post proves that it's working for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Hmm... never quite noticed that.

*Knows he will find himself checking over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dj tony

why fm104 sound so different the use the Omnia 6EX FM-HD Audio Processor the settings on the processor could be set better its very hurt full on the ears,and i think the guys at spin 103.8 have ther sound processor set just nice and they singal might be that bit stronger than fm104.far play to the lads at the 90snetwork sounding well. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

They can play with their audio processors all they want but as long as Irish radio continues to exist in it's current form then it all sounds terrible to me.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement