Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make-up brushes

• 24-11-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I want a set of make up brushes for everyday use. I'm stuck between getting a body shop set or buying a mac set gradually over a long space of time (already have mac 190).... anybody any suggestions which set would be best? or can anyone suggest better brushes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

There are a few threads on make up brushes in the past few months if you do a search, always ends up between body shop and mac tho...and a few suggestions on Daler Rowney (the actual artists paintbrushes!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I actually have the Benefit foundation brush and the powder brush and can't say enough good things about 'em. Moderately priced, can't remember exactly 'cause I've had 'em for three years now but they owe me nothing! I use them everyday and they're still as good as the day I first used them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Apparently dunnes are selling some really good brushes at the minute! Anybody now what they are? Or if this is true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I quite like the Urban Decay brushes. Especially the big massive bronzer one ... this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

chocgirl wrote: »
    Apparently dunnes are selling some really good brushes at the minute! Anybody now what they are? Or if this is true?

Hmm, I have seen them near the counter, nice clean simple packaging, not too cheap either..

I use a body shop one (17euro ish) and love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I ordered a set on ebay - Ive been looking at them for a while now - 23 brushes for something like 30 euro :D Ive bought from them before and they are the same as my mac brushes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I ordered a set on ebay - Ive been looking at them for a while now - 23 brushes for something like 30 euro :D Ive bought from them before and they are the same as my mac brushes!

They are fakes though I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I think Bobby Brown probably do the best sets although I love Estee Lauder ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Sigmamakeup.com, you can get brushes very similar in quality to MAC, sometimes even slightly better (can personally confirm this as I have a few MAC brushes too) for a very reasonable price! I got the full set and the kabuki, every brush is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I second the recommendation for Sigma brushes although they have sneakily increased their prices recently. I got the full set and I use it every day - the quality is really good. The only brush I dont use is their version of the mac 187 as it sheds but I already had Jemma kidds version of this so it didnt bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

if you want make up brushes id suggest crown if your on budget but want really good brushes... http://www.crownbrush.co.uk/
    Im a make up artist and i have had a set of these for years and they are brilliant. They are often at events like Girls Day Out and Off The Rails. i was speaking to the of the employees at Girls Day Out and they actually make the brushes for many high street stores...

ams wrote: »
    I second the recommendation for Sigma brushes although they have sneakily increased their prices recently. I got the full set and I use it every day - the quality is really good. The only brush I dont use is their version of the mac 187 as it sheds but I already had Jemma kidds version of this so it didnt bother me.

Hmmmm mine doesn't shed hardly at all, just a little when I washed it (first time too). Maybe email them about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Pythia wrote: »
    They are fakes though I presume?

They arent mac, they are similar to mac brushes, I have a load of mac ones and wanted newer ones.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have a few crownbrush brushes too, can't say a bad word about them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have Body Shop brushes. Well, the foundation brush, big powder brush and the blusher one. I don't use the foundation one. Can't be arsed. Dunno why I bought it. But the other two work well I think :) I clearly know nothing about make up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hmmmm mine doesn't shed hardly at all, just a little when I washed it (first time too). Maybe email them about it?

I think they changed the brush to improve it so I may have gotten the old version!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

for the girls who said they used sigma brushes i am just wondering did you get them online and if so were you liable to pay taxes when they arrived?

Yep you can only get them online and no I wasn't taxed, never have been on anything I've bought online actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

ok thanks very much and sorry to be annoying with the questions but were they delivered by courier or just by an post and finally what were delivery times like?

thanks in advance!

Advertisement