Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed your post!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »
    In terms of it being lazy, lacking in wit, immature etc: surely it depends on what is changed and how it's changed?

If you rearranging something that was a piece of shite to begin with, there's often not much else you can do. :)

I always thought that the majority of FYP posts do require some thought and timing although I confess it's something I've never paid a huge amount of attention to.

Perhaps the issue is some stuffy authorship notion about posts, or the fact that a FYP tends to be more unanswerable than other good-humoured retorts.

As for thinking people are moronic or loathsome for making jokes: it's wise to consider whether or not you've ever used - apart from the type you happen to dislike - puns, jokes or memes yourself. There are some memes and other 'jocular constructs' that I like; there are some that I detest. Hardly grounds for making them infraction material unless they're literally popping up in every second thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sarcasm as the lowest form of wit is purely opinion though. I think it and "fyp" should be considered on a case by case basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dudess wrote: »
    Sarcasm as the least form of wit is purely opinion though. I think it and "fyp" should be considered on a case by case basis.

fyp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

mike65 wrote: »
    wobble

FYP
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

sort results: alphabetical | rank ?RankAbbr.Meaning****FYPFor Your Pleasurefind2.gif****FYPFixed Your Post (newsgroups)find2.gif**FYPFor Your Perusalfind2.gifshowing only Slang/Internet Slang definitions (show all 14 definitions)

Maybe I'm totally stupid, (probably), but what does FYP actually stand for in these contexts ??????:)

• Advertisement

ghosttown wrote: »
    Maybe I'm totally stupid, (probably), but what does FYP actually stand for in these contexts ??????:)

Fixed your post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

its overused. 95% of the time its just retarded, lazy and lacks wit.
    its also a very convenient way of someone ignoring what the rest of a post says because it doesnt suit them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There are lots of posts and posters I consider bloody annoying and pretty stupid
    but I just find a reason to infract them.

FYP :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lol

Honestly I wish I could at times but I won't, cos they are not worth the lessening of my personal honor.

:rolleyes:

Now if we're talking about my personal bugbear of a craze....

:)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Jazzy wrote: »
    It's overused. 95% of the time it's just retarded, lazy and lacks wit.
    It's also a very convenient way of someone ignoring what the rest of a post says because it doesnt suit them.

FYP

Advertisement