Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thanksgiving

Options
  • 24-11-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

wheres a good place to go on the lash thursday,im irish but think it be a good excuse to go out for the day.any reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

I've been invited for a Thanksgiving dinner. What's the story? Do ye bring presents or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

i think one dresses in black with a broad black hat, while another as a native american.the college bar could be good. just follow the american when they are leaving corrib village

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

galwaybabe wrote: »
    I've been invited for a Thanksgiving dinner. What's the story? Do ye bring presents or what?

HUGE presents, yeah!:p

Kinda traditional to bring a 'pot luck' dish in many houses. Colcannon would even be lovely, you can never have enough shoes or potatoes :)

I'd say you'd get away with a nice cáca milis or a good bottle of vino :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

What you mean "enough shoes"? Do they eat leather in thanksgiving? Have a few old pairs I could donate. No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

dec25532 wrote: »
    What you mean "enough shoes"? Do they eat leather in thanksgiving? Have a few old pairs I could donate. No charge.

:rolleyes:

I was making a pun on "you can never have enough shoes and handbags" equating it with how many people feel about potatoes at a holiday dinner!

Perhaps it was a joke just or me! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Bottle of wine or something like that is the usual.

Advertisement