Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Canon battery charger

• 24-11-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Ok So i just inherited my Dads Canon 10D (YAY!) but we made the exchange while on holiday, and he forgot to pack the battery charger. I'm now home, but with a dead battery. I would love to get out and take some pics, but I won't be able to get to where the charger is until my Dad comes home from his holiday in like, 3 weeks.

So does anyone know if there's anywhere in town, or one of the camera shops have canon chargers to sell that would fit the 10D battery? I don't even know if it's a standard canon charger or what... I know i could do the leg work myself but it is very rainy, and just in case anyone knew off the top of their heads... Yes, I am that lazy and adverse to getting wet!

or else does anyone know would it be way too cheeky to ask somewhere if i could charge my battery up on an in house charger? :eek:

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What battery does it take? It should be written on the battery itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

bp511 battery
    if this link is right:
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-10D-20D-30D/dp/B00192MT5M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1259094473&sr=1-4
    it can use any charger in the 10d to 40d range

if so, i have a 20d charger you can borrow if you need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I am almost sure it is the Canon BP-511A

I've a charger you can borrow for a while, if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah, it's the BP-511. I also just realised that my dad had tucked away a spare charged battery, so at least i'm not dead in the water and can go on the night walk on thursday... :D:D

TBH guys, I'd really appreciate a loan of a charger til I can get my dads one... What with it coming up to Christmas there's always loads to photograph!

PaulW or DotOrg, are either of you planning on going on Thursday, I could maybe get it off you then?

Thanks a million, you guys are so nice to offer!

• Advertisement

zoegh wrote: »
    PaulW or DotOrg, are either of you planning on going on Thursday, I could maybe get it off you then?

I won't be around Thurs, so hopefully DotOrg can help ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

cheers man.

Advertisement