Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnosis CD in Sleep

• 24-11-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello everyone,
    I looked in some of the sections of this site, and i think this is probably the best location for this question. I would like to know if hypnosis cd's work when you fall asleep, or if you are asleep.
    I have googled this for over 30 min and cant get a answer

can you's please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hello everyone,
    I looked in some of the sections of this site, and i think this is probably the best location for this question. I would like to know if hypnosis cd's work when you fall asleep, or if you are asleep.
    I have googled this for over 30 min and cant get a answer

can you's please help?

What are you hoping for? I used to hate the last two weeks before an exam during my degree and the exam week as well. I used to put the material I hoped I would be using on a tape and listen to this as I dirfted off, if I awoke I would put it back on. Often a few times a night

From a retention view point it worked great, I often repeated three or four page essays per-verbation. It took alot out of me and by the time those three weeks would be over I longed for that "free thinking" space as you drift off. However, retention quality over time was poor. Once I stopped using the tapes, I quickly lost it [the per-verbatim aspect]. I really believe I would have developed a severe neurosis if I kept that going indefinitely.

So the motive behind mine, is there something specific you are hoping to achieve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Hypnosis CD's do not work when you are asleep. Hypnosis is guided inner attention, if you are asleep then you are not attending. Certainly any of the research done on learning CD's purported to work as you sleep has shown them to be inefficacious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

No, you have to be awake when you start listening to the CD. You might feel like you "wake up" at the end of the CD, but you probably didn't fall asleep, you were just in a deep state of relaxation.

Advertisement