Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you tube problem

• 24-11-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Everytime I try to watch a video I get this message: ''Hello, either you have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.''

I have followed that link and downloaded the flash player but i still get that message! I can watch videos on other sites and use farmville (:rolleyes:), which I think uses flash player aswel, but just cannot watch any you tube videos?
    Any ideas anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 board I se

hello

so are you using internet explorer? the blue "e" icon or are you using firefox or another browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Sorry I meant to add that im using internet explorer, the version with the tabs! :o And windows xp if that would make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 board I se

Right so a few things you can try

make sure your java is up to date
    http://www.java.com/en/

Then make sure you can see the flash animation on this page after you install
    untick that anoying mcaffee thing too! make you sure you watch out for the yellow bar that will pop on top of the browser asking to insatll, you have to clcick this

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Just try these 2 things first please, and let us know, if I were you id probably just download firefox and use that, you will thank me for it ! :D

Updated java and I done the test to see if it was working which it was. I did click the yellow bar at the top, and the windows came up asking me to either 'run' or 'save', im pretty sure im installing it properly? Yet still no youtube?:confused: I think il just have to change to firefox!:rolleyes: This first started a few months back but it just used to be the odd video that wouldn't play, now its all of them.:(
    My ipod touch is also refusing to play some you tube videos aswel, not sure if that has anything to do with it.:confused:
    Any other ideas as to what could be wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Clear you temp internet files and try again, report back

If not then go here and see if that works for you?

• Advertisement

Clear you temp internet files and try again, report back

If not then go here and see if that works for you?

How? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

How which? Clean temp files?

Also Which OS are you using, Windows?

What are temp interent files and how do I delete them? Ya im using windows XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's explained here how to deletes temp files
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897

Thanks a mil guys, deleted temp files and cookies and now working! Now off to catch up on a few months worth of missed videos!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement