Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destro Warlock build

Options
  • 24-11-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Guys just want to have you look at this build. Was given to me by a really high dps lock who I have great respect for, but when its looked at by other locks they kinda go " what are you doing".

I'm happy with my dps, and know what this build does and why I selected certain things, just looking for input.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Outland&n=Furyio&group=2

P.S

Not being egotistical, but I'd appreciate those who are presently raiding their locks give their opinion, or knowledgable players, I dont want to hear it from someone who quit a year ago and " omg your spec is noob when I was in TBC..."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

looks fine to me, i'd probably drop the point in master summoner and put it in shadowfury, never underestimate the power of an aoe stun... even in pve.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=9&tal=030000000000000000000000000003220030003000000000000000005203205220331051035031351

Is what i'd use if i was you, esspecially if theres another lock in the raid with imp healstones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Pyrain&gn=Knights+of+Valour

this is how im rolling atm

and i would agree in getting rid of master summoner, not really needed as a desto lock

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I felt that with imp being a good part of my dps, having him res'd ASAP was essential.

Shadowfury seems no use. I have seed of corruption and I have reign of fire.

I'll have a look and see.

So what do you do as Destro locks when your imp dies? Wait ages to resumm him? I thought it a no brainer being able to get him back up asap, for a fraction of the mana cost

Why would ur imp die ?

Also, taking shadowfury is not for the dps increase, i take it purely for the utility of an aoe stun, fights like factionchampions + anub, is so handy, interupting heals or saving a healer from getting plowed. At the end of the day, none of these talents are gonna increase or decrease you dps, its just about personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&n=Setanta

Pretty much the same build as the other guys and pretty much the same advice - drop master summoner for shadowfury and fel synergy. Your imp really shouldn't be dying but if it is - on OS or Heigan for example - thats when Infernals come into play. Fel synergy will help keep your demon's alive, constantly healing them 15% of the total damage you do.

• Advertisement

Thats a good point, does fel energy give benefit to my dps output, or it just keeps my imp alive longer?

My imp doesnt die alot, but when he does I like the fact I can have him firing again within 2 seconds, instead of a long cast time.

Dont see the appeal of shadwofury, have it on my pvp spec, but in pve I would never see a use for it :(

Do you not read or are you still raiding nax10 ?

The benifit of having shadowfury is to SAVE yourself or healers, or even just give your offtank some breathing room on adds.

If you've never raided toc10/25 or a number of ulduar bosses, then your not really gonna use it that often besides on trash.

Try to get out of the "OMG NEED TO MAX MY DMG" mode and try and think of the raid. When your getting spanked by a mob in factionchampions or a healers getting smashed, that 2 second stun is more than enough to get you out of there, another example is anubs borrows, its also awesome for interupting shadowstrike etc.

Magill wrote: »
    Do you not read or are you still raiding nax10 ?

The benifit of having shadowfury is to SAVE yourself or healers, or even just give your offtank some breathing room on adds.

If you've never raided toc10/25 or a number of ulduar bosses, then your not really gonna use it that often besides on trash.

Try to get out of the "OMG NEED TO MAX MY DMG" mode and try and think of the raid. When your getting spanked by a mob in factionchampions or a healers getting smashed, that 2 second stun is more than enough to get you out of there, another example is anubs borrows, its also awesome for interupting shadowstrike etc.

Raided all content except toc 10 and 25 HC.

Not so much maximising my damage, I think my build is pretty solid, just always getting comments from other warlocks who act as if I'm losing dps for not having shadowfury.

ahh, your never gonna gain any dps with these talents m8, either yours spec or mine. Think most locks just find it more useful having an aoe stun than being able to resummon your pet when he should really never die.

point taken thanks. Better explanation then what im getting. Might give it a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

take the two points from healthstone put them into fel synergy.

its not the raiding spec i would use but if your used to it and its working better then a 0-13-58 spec then keep it going .

i understand why you want to be able to res your pet quickly but if you kept a eye on his health and used health funnel you could spend the points elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Soul link is far more useful than Master summoner IMO. Take 2 points from Imp. HS and stick em in fel synergy, that offsets a lot of the dmg ur imp will take. Soul link lets u take an extra hit, its a truism, but dead = 0DPS.
    Shadowfury as said above is fab for saving a healer or yourself. Priceless on faction champs and anub fight. Very nice in WG too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

imo soul link is a waist. the only reason you should be taking damage is if the tank has died or you are doing the tanking. there is a few fights which it would be better to actually have soul link and in those cases you wouldnt be using a imp or going for all out damage . in those few cases you probably would be better off with your pvp spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Soul link is invaluable to hard modes, imp rarely if ever dies. Soul leech is kinda useless if you have the life tap glyph. I would always say to take 3/3 suppression, soul link and shadowfury.

Advertisement