Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Development Planned for Dalkey!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I think they should go ahead with the traveller site. It sounds like a great idea and should make the travelling folk very happy! :):D

what can i say, i'm an evil git! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

About time, was getting boared with Bullock Harbour. :p

I don't think any of the locals out this way would notice any difference, the travellers in South Dublin all drive top of the range suvs and jeeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I grew up not far from Dalkey, hate the idea of the development.
    Dalkey is a nice quiet area, throwing up some apartments etc is just some developers wet dream to get them out of debt.

I wonder where they're considering.
    Maybe that convent overlooking the harbour is up for sale, that's my guess.
    That's a large area which would have prime views over the harbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm opening up a Hi-Ace dealership in Dalkey - end of recession for Marto!.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm opening up a Hi-Ace dealership in Dalkey - end of recession for Marto!.

:P
    I've said it on here before... the Transit is the van of choice for our travelling cousins nowadays. Hi-aces are soooooo 1990s...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I've said it on here before... the Transit is the van of choice for our travelling cousins nowadays. Hi-aces are soooooo 1990s...

The Hiace van is your only man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

Enjoy, Marto. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

El Weirdo wrote: »

Posh ****ers like to do retro, I'll give the Hi-Ace a shot.

But thanks for the advice, I'll bare that in mind.

In the meantime I can do you a good deal on a caravan!..

Up yours Pat Kenny ya wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

We must build everywhere, leave no earth or greenery behind. Concrete is best..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

While I absolutely revolt at the idea of the halting site aspect, I do think that the Dalkey area needs to be rejuvenated. At the moment, Dalkey is caught up in a bit of a time warp where architecturally it is keeping to very tight ruglations. As a Dalkey person myself, I am sick of looking at the same old Dalkey week in week out. This is why I amn't really bothered by the idea of commercial development in the area as it should be encouraged. Dalkey lacks a focal point or area which would attract a larger number of people. On top of this, the area is very isolated. However, an infrastructural improvement would be needed for Dalkey and some of the surrounding areas. I've already figured out a way in which this could be carried out without any destruction to buildings. This would be complemented by the introduction of many new bus routes. Therefore, I think rejuvenation of the area is long over due.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'm sure Bono will welcome them with open arms!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

New Development? Paid for by whom and which businesses have expressed interest in it?

I mean, there's an absolutely frightening amount of commercial property available at the moment, surely their priorities should lie in filling this empty space, getting money to the developers who in turn can give it back to the banks?

Regardless, whoever puts the travellers in there will never, ever be re-elected. If there's one thing that Irish people hate, it's the travellers, and white middle class people with nothing better to be doing with themselves shouldn't be putting the stain of the traveller "culture" on others areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Rb wrote: »
    New Development? Paid for by whom and which businesses have expressed interest in it?

I amn't quite sure which businesses have been involved or interested. I am merely quoting the article which I mentioned at the start of this thread (I included a hyperlink to the article). I don't even know where the editor of this article got that information. I searched high and dry for planning applications on the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council website and found nothing consistent with what I saw on the article. Unless the editor has some inside information which has neither gone public or been published online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I searched high and dry for planning applications on the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council website and found nothing consistent with what I saw on the article. .
    It's a rezoning therefore it's related to county development plan, not planning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Everyone should have a halting site in their area, 'tis only fair. Cant have them all in out in west or north Dublin, now can we!

Advertisement