Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puck Warriors Jingle 10k Run - Killorglin, Co Kerry

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody else is doing this?

Looking forward to it - although not feeling well but still hoping to make a PB weather permitting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Must be on my own doing this :-) I might now have a chance of winning.....whoooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I had planned on doing it a while back not doing it now. Best of luck, looks like a fun race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I would be there, but unfortunately I can't do Saturdays at the moment due to family business.

I really enjoyed last year's race though, and can definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I would be there, but unfortunately I can't do Saturdays at the moment due to family business.

I really enjoyed last year's race though, and can definitely recommend it.

Hi there, can you tell me what the course is like? I would imagining that there are alot of hills about.

I'm considering to race it this year.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there, can you tell me what the course is like? I would imagining that there are alot of hills about.

I'm considering to race it this year.

Thanks

It's reasonably flat for the first half but there's a nasty hill just after the halfway mark. Not a course for a PB, but a very well organised little race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thank you for that. Guess I'll have to do some sessions on the hills then.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

It's reasonably flat for the first half but there's a nasty hill just after the halfway mark.

Nasty is one word for it, it was though alright but then it's all downhill to the finish and the view at the top - well worth the climb!!!

As for the organisation, there is improvements to be made on last year but from speaking to the organisors after the event last year I think it will be better. I will be doing it again next year but not a place for a PB but a nice run all the same

Advertisement