Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film/TV/Short script entries.

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Yveso Films are a newly founded Production Company. We are looking for writers with high concept low budget scripts. Our intention is to take these scripts and build production portfolios for submission to competitions and funding rounds. We would also like to build a relationship with our writers to develop further projects.

All scripts will be treated with the strictest confidence[/SIZE].

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Do you guys have a website? Is there anywhere there is more info about you?

p.s. when you talk about high concept, what sorta stuff are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm going to temporarly snip the email from the OP just until he can provide a bit more information, providing simply an email seems a bit lacking for the trust you are asking of writers...So like memmoch said if there's a website or something a bit more substantial could you provide that. Otherwise I think you might need to post a bit more and interact to help people be a bit more trustworthy of your offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yveso

Hi Guys,

Yveso is a company at early development stages. We have no working website yet and have no body of work to showcase. Essentially we are a group of professionals working in the industry who have come together to form our own projects. This post was to see what sort of interest is out there.

I am happy to remove all posts until our website is up and running. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Do you have any of your own projects in development or are you relying on submissions?

Personally speaking I wouldn't be comfortable sending scripts or treatments to a fledgling company without knowing something about the people behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

yveso wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Yveso is a company at early development stages. We have no working website yet and have no body of work to showcase. Essentially we are a group of professionals working in the industry who have come together to form our own projects. This post was to see what sort of interest is out there.

I am happy to remove all posts until our website is up and running. :)

Totally understand that as a company you guys are just starting up, but if you are professionals already having worked in the industry, surely you must have individual credits/achievements? I'm not saying you need to post up your resume's, but even an example or two of what some of you guys have done, especially if it's something that can be looked up on IMDB or verified independently by prospective submitters, I'm sure would go a long way towards aleviating potential concerns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement