Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TECHNIKA (Tesco's) %MP digi camera - manual please ?

• 24-11-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭

[edit: typo in title, should be 5MP. model no is TKAAB09 ]

I was recently given one of these and if anyone has a manual for it (electronic copy or scanned) I'd appreciate knowing what some of the on-screen display symbols mean. I dont know if it even came with one,or if so what format it was

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    [edit: typo in title, should be 5MP. model no is TKAAB09 ]

I was recently given one of these and if anyone has a manual for it (electronic copy or scanned) I'd appreciate knowing what some of the on-screen display symbols mean. I dont know if it even came with one,or if so what format it was

Thanks

maybe if you mention which symbols or post a picture, we might be able to tell you what the symbols are, usually they're sort of standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thanks, I'll post back when I have some good batteries, and try and take a pic of the camera display with my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Try using this site if you have the model number of the camera:

Various Manuals

Thanks for the link Soundman, I'll check it. Meanwhile,...
    I've figured most of them out, by going thru the menu/options, changing items, and seeing what changes on the screen. There's one I havent figured out yet, its like a hand with a couple of curved lines to the right side. I'm guessing it might be something to do with camera-shake or its reduction ? It doesnt appear on the screen when not in still-picture mode

I also want to be able to use it as a pc-camera, which it IS capable of[you can choose whether it will pretend to be a diskdrive,pc-camera or printer when you plug in USB cable], but I dont have drivers

I couldnt get a usable picture with my phone's camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

sounds like shake reduction, the hand icon. Or probably show shutter warning

If its something that only comes up sometimes when your taking photo in bad light and flash is off, its to warn you that your using a slow shutter speed and the photo might come out blurry

Or if its something you switch on and off then maybe shake reduction, which helps reduce blur a little bit when light is poor

For drivers, if you get into device manager (contol panel->system->device manager), find the camera (needs to be connected)

then right click on it and go to the properties of the camera

then go to details tab

then select hardware ids, will look a bit like this
    USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c526&Rev_0500&MI_00

Searching google for the end of this "Vid_046d&Pid_c526&Rev_0500", might lead you to a driver thats compatible

Thanks. I already looked for the vendorid and productid, its syntek semiconductor, and maybe the same as some praktica, but they have a lot of models, and couldnt tell me which one had that chip in. I only need drivers for webcam/direct input into graphics program, theres no problem transferring pics taken normally to the pc

Advertisement