Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conpany gone in to liquidation - what to offer liquidator

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with liquidators? There's a housing estate down the county with about 40 houses. There are 5 left & they were for sale all summer for around 310. The 5 houses are still available. The company has now gone into liquidation. The EA say they still have the houses on their books but are now dealing with the liquidators & have been instrunced not the reduce the asking price but are open to offers. What should I go in at? Is there a general rule about the price liquidators will take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Liquidators will cut the prices themselves after research. They usually change agent too. i'd say the current estate agent is just hoping to get commission and I'd hold off. i'd ring the liquidator rather than the agent too to see what their plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

How long has the liquidator been involved?

As for price it would depend how far off realistic the 310k was during the summer.
    If i was dealing with a liquidator i'd start low 200k and dont up the offer, but keep checking back with them. Time is a factor with any liquidated stock, it may get to the stage were any genuine offer is accepted.

Advertisement