Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head playing Dublin

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

MH playin the Olympia Feb 28th
    Linky!

Tickets on General sale Friday @ €33

:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Truly great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Seen them twice. I just dont feel them in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

F**k!! I'm so there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

flynn claims the '93 SFX show supporting slayer is their favourite. as it was their first abroad i guess - i remember them having to get off their bus pulled up beside the queue and being mobbed for their scribble; i done a stagedive during spirit in black at the chorus.. only one of the nite i was not touching araya's mike u get kicked offstage by him if you act the mick but machine head were screamo sorta fag metal like pantera something about letting freedom reign w/ a shotgun blast..
    Razor's 'Shotgun Justice' is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUPozwAaa4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

They were in McDonalds on O Connell street before the gig once when i went to see em years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Cool, I might just head to that... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Star Bingo wrote: »
    but machine head were screamo sorta fag metal like pantera something about letting freedom reign w/ a shotgun blast..
    Razor's 'Shotgun Justice' is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUPozwAaa4

Ahem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

what the hell is that guy talking about. Pantera? Machine Head? Screamo fag metal? How DARE you use those words in the same sentence with a negative!!

Machine head rock. Period.

But I dont like their nu-metal albums like "supercharger", just their first album and the last one the blackening.

Will have to go to that gig anyway. Horns \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

the blackening was f*cking awesome. Should be hitting this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

they are touring with hatebreed, all shall perish and bleeding through for this. hopefully hatebreed will come across the pond as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fritzbrilly

oh cant wait for this, hope i can get tickets, itsww a very small place for them should be in the o2. and hatebreed too now thats a bloody show.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

they are touring with hatebreed, all shall perish and bleeding through for this. hopefully hatebreed will come across the pond as well.

All Shall Perish :eek:

Definitely going to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

best news ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fritzbrilly

mcd says tickets go on sale thursday at 9 o clock
    ticketmaster says its fri at 9 o clock..............anyone know any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Micil

I was at the '93 gig, excellent. I remember Rob talking with a few of us outside and he asked some guy not to touch his beard, which the guy then proceeded to touch.
    Excellent show as I remember.
    Mike

METAL MODULE on dcufm.com

Just got tickets there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

the presale links were on the Machine Head website this morning, picked up tickets then......delighted......
    think this will sell well and fast....great line up, great venue.....they will crush the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

NIBBS wrote: »
    the presale links were on the Machine Head website this morning, picked up tickets then......delighted......
    think this will sell well and fast....great line up, great venue.....they will crush the Olympia

Same here,no early morning panic attacks on ticketmaster for me!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Got me some shiny tickets there \m/ :D \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just noticed the thread, have my tickets. Can't wait :D

Missed them last time, saw them on Halloween night 2003. Can't believe it was over 6 years ago :eek:

Can't wait for a new album. Hope they have a song or two ready to debut on the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Whats the story with the tickets? Im too late amn't I :/

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the tickets? Im too late amn't I :/
    No, they are still available on ticketmaster. Mine arrived today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

grand, it doesnt say on ticketmaster, will it be 18s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'd say so. minors to be accompanied by an adult, the usual story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Still pondering on this one, Money is seriously tight. Argh.

Patricide wrote: »
    Still pondering on this one, Money is seriously tight. Argh.

I know the feeling - but I just said feck it.......going to get to as many gigs as possible next year, already have tickets to 5 gigs and still wanna hit Marduk and Suffocation..............don't know where the cash will come from in the end

anything else gets announced this side of Chrimbo that I'd be really interested and I'll have to skip it.......so hopefully Rammstein doesn't happen now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

NIBBS wrote: »
    I know the feeling - but I just said feck it.......going to get to as many gigs as possible next year, already have tickets to 5 gigs and still wanna hit Marduk and Suffocation..............don't know where the cash will come from in the end

anything else gets announced this side of Chrimbo that I'd be really interested and I'll have to skip it.......so hopefully Rammstein doesn't happen now....
    take back what you said, rammstein should happen, over most gigs especially machine head. I mean machine head have had 2 and a half cracking albums(burn my eyes, through ashes of empires and half of the blackening) but rammstein only released there first dodgey album this year. And for a dodgey album its still ****ing good!

Patricide wrote: »
    take back what you said, rammstein should happen, over most gigs especially machine head. I mean machine head have had 2 and a half cracking albums(burn my eyes, through ashes of empires and half of the blackening) but rammstein only released there first dodgey album this year. And for a dodgey album its still ****ing good!

no I won't take it back :P

look I'm sure you know from my tone that if the Rammstein gig happens I'll sell the other kidney and sort myself out with a ticket..........it's just gettin very expensive and the year doesn't even start for a month.......

really lookin forward to seeing Machine Head in a headlining slot again though.....should be cool......and to have a good support list is such a pleasant surprise....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Can't wait for this one. Should be good!

Advertisement