Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head playing Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

NIBBS wrote: »
    no I won't take it back :P

look I'm sure you know from my tone that if the Rammstein gig happens I'll sell the other kidney and sort myself out with a ticket..........it's just gettin very expensive and the year doesn't even start for a month.......

really lookin forward to seeing Machine Head in a headlining slot again though.....should be cool......and to have a good support list is such a pleasant surprise....
    Who is supporting btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

LD 50 wrote: »
    Who is supporting btw?

Hatebreed, Bleeding Through and All Shall Perish.

http://www.machinehead1.com/news.html

Haven't heard anything from the latter two, must look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fin-slipknot

This will be my 1st ever concert.
    Im 18 and dont have I.D...will i even need 1 (got tix anyway)?
    Bleeding through, All shall perish and Hatebreed are all supporting, will the supporting play 1st or will it be mixed?
    it starts at 7.30... any clue or any general knowledge at what time it will be over at?
    Roughly, how long would machine head be playing?
    And finally, what would the usual setlist be for Machine Head?
    Thanks.

This will be my 1st ever concert.
    Im 18 and dont have I.D...will i even need 1 (got tix anyway)?
    I believe minors have to be accompanied by adults so yeah, it's probably a good idea to have one. Do you not have a passport?
    Bleeding through, All shall perish and Hatebreed are all supporting, will the supporting play 1st or will it be mixed?
    Yes, they'll be playing first. Not sure about the order but I'd imagine Hatebreed will be the last support to play before Machine Head.
    it starts at 7.30... any clue or any general knowledge at what time it will be over at?
    I'm not sure, is it the doors at 7.30 or the gig starting at 7.30? I'd imagine the gig would be over at 11.00-11.30, thereabouts.
    Roughly, how long would machine head be playing?
    Around an hour and a half would be about the norm I think.
    And finally, what would the usual setlist be for Machine Head?
    Thanks.
    They haven't started this tour yet so you can't really say, but once they start it (in January I think) you should check their message board to see what songs they've been playing, that'll give you a pretty accurate indication.

Thanks for the help man. and yea, have passport, didn't even think about that:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

this gig will be EPIC!!

Curious... is it hard to get infront of people to get as close as possible to the band/action during the performance? I have a headache thinking that the night would be a buzzkill getting pushed back etc. And their would be not much room to proper headbang without been at the very front. And yes i booked ground floor tix :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Curious... is it hard to get infront of people to get as close as possible to the band/action during the performance? I have a headache thinking that the night would be a buzzkill getting pushed back etc. And their would be not much room to proper headbang without been at the very front. And yes i booked ground floor tix :confused:

It all depends how determined you are. If you're really desperate to get to the front your best bet is to turn up early. If you can't get in early it's still possible to get to the front,or first 2/3 rows. Just make your way through the crowd,be nice about it,no elbows out or pushing people around and you can usually make good progress.

There's plenty of room on the floor to headbang,you make your own space.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Lads, that first ever gig with Slayer was in 1994 and TBH I was disappointed with Machine Head that night as their sound was shocking!

But every other time they've been back here they've been superb, can't wait for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

If you show up early enough you'll get a pit pass so you'll be right at the front section. It's great as there's pletny of space there and if you don't have to worry about losing your place if you need to go get drinks or go to the toilet.

• Advertisement

If you show up early enough you'll get a pit pass so you'll be right at the front section. It's great as there's pletny of space there and if you don't have to worry about losing your place if you need to go get drinks or go to the toilet.

I wouldn't have imagined there'd be pit passes at the Olympia. I've only been there for a seated gig (comedy) but it didn't look any bigger than The Ambassador, which had no passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

dcr22B wrote: »
    Lads, that first ever gig with Slayer was in 1994 and TBH I was disappointed with Machine Head that night as their sound was shocking!

But every other time they've been back here they've been superb, can't wait for this gig.

The sound for support bands is nearly always *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I wouldn't have imagined there'd be pit passes at the Olympia. I've only been there for a seated gig (comedy) but it didn't look any bigger than The Ambassador, which had no passes.

I was there for NOFX earlier this year and it had a pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Whiplash wrote: »
    this gig will be EPIC!!

This gig will annilate all other gigs before it. RRARRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

All standing tickets are gone :(
    Damn my poverty :mad:

Whats the circle like? Ive never been to the Olympia
    Not sure what il do. Going to machine head and sitting down isnt right

doors open @ 7.30
    what time do you think would be the best to show up to get best possible space and maybe have a drink or 2 to loosing up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

All standing tickets are gone :(
    Damn my poverty :mad:

Whats the circle like? Ive never been to the Olympia
    Not sure what il do. Going to machine head and sitting down isnt right
    o well, that settles it for me, no machine head! booerns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Going to this gig mainly to see Bleeding Through.
    They kick ass!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

All standing tickets are gone

They're not. There are still standing tickets available. Just bought mine this evening in Sound Cellar in Dublin. Maybe just the ticketmaster site is sold out.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Passenger wrote: »
    They're not. There are still standing tickets available. Just bought mine this evening in Sound Cellar in Dublin. Maybe just the ticketmaster site is sold out.

:)

:eek: I have to go check that tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 s00057232

for your first concert,you picked a lively enough one,,hope ure ready for the pits,it will b an epic gig,,n hear rammstein are supposed to b coming too

mite av a 2 spare standing tickets,genuine,but will only know if theyre available closer to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

s00057232 wrote: »
    mite av a 2 spare standing tickets,genuine,but will only know if theyre available closer to the gig

Take your offer, if it materialises to Toutless.com/ie.. not sure which is it and I'd suggest your post before a mod sees it :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I was going to this :(.

???????tangy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I might come back to Dublin for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RexBanner316

Pitpass??its the olympia, small venue, id say it will be all open!

Also are rumours of hatebreed true??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

hatebreed are supporting them everywhere else on the tour so i say so.. it should be good anyone gonna party hard?

Cant Fu*King wait! getting oh so closer!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 LSKT88

Anyone selling a standing ticket, had one but the friend can't get a ticket 2 the carling cup final and i was suppose to get his ticket for this

Advertisement