Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head playing Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Going to this gig mainly to see Bleeding Through.
    They kick ass!!! :D

Ah the ignorance of youth! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah the ignorance of youth! ;)

I wouldn't say im ignorant.
    I just haven't really listened to Machine Head before.:o Only started listening to their new album recently, hence why i'm mainly going for Bleeding Through, because I've seen them before and they're great so... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I just haven't really listened to Machine Head before.:o Only started listening to their new album recently, hence why i'm mainly going for Bleeding Through, because I've seen them before and they're great so... :p

Trust me,you'll come out of the show in awe of the mighty MH.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Sometimes I wish I could go back to that moment when I saw a band as pivotal as Machine Head live for the first time.

It's like the moment you first see Dave Mustaine play guitar with your own eyes or the moment Slash and Duff McKagan share a stage no less than 3 feet in front of you, these things live with you, and make an impression upon your music tastes forever

lord lucan wrote: »
    Trust me,you'll come out of the show in awe of the mighty MH.:)

Good stuff!! Can't wait - it's gonna be a good one!:)

• Advertisement

Nah, didn't mean it that way. Just being sarcastic. Y'know, the old rockers' view on the "kiddies", that sort.

Start with very early Machine Head please! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Head_discography)

Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change are amazing death metal albums. The Burning Red is decent but I felt like it catered to MTV to get plays off From This Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

chin_grin wrote: »
    Nah, didn't mean it that way. Just being sarcastic. Y'know, the old rockers' view on the "kiddies", that sort.

Start with very early Machine Head please! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Head_discography)

Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change are amazing death metal albums. The Burning Red is decent but I felt like it catered to MTV to get plays off From This Day.

Death metal?? What are you on about.

I'm hoping they put out a live album from this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

LD 50 wrote: »

I'm hoping they put out a live album from this tour.

Well they've been touring it for long enough.

LD 50 wrote: »

Well their earlier albums are far heavier than anything they've released afterwards! I think. Yeah may have overshot the mark with "death metal"......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Have began playing Machine Head on heavy rotation on the mp3 payer in prep. for the gig.

I would class The Blackening and TTAOE as being just as heavy as the first two albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Are they not in the Groove Metal Genre... like Pantera.

God theres way to many genres to keep up with...

Like NintendoCore...

bigbadcon wrote: »

Like NintendoCore...

They're Machine Fcukin' Head,that's all you need to know.;)

HERE ME NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

bigbadcon wrote: »

Like NintendoCore...
    I hate that genre.. >_<

Yeah, I'd class MH as Groove style for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

They're ****in METAL!! end of...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

3 weeks left! :D Haven't been to a metal gig since download last year... Only the likes of Muse gigs in the last few months... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Just listened to Bleeding Through, and they are fucking awesome. And I can't have enough love for All Shall Perish.

Don't really need to say anything bout Machine Head though. :D

I got some good news for the Newcastle gig the night before, looks like I've been granted an interview with a member of Machine Head, I've interviewed and spoken with them all before but it's always nice to be backstage and get some gossip

Just listened to Bleeding Through, and they are fucking awesome. And I can't have enough love for All Shall Perish.

Don't really need to say anything bout Machine Head though. :D

At least someone else agrees with me that Bleeding through are great ;)

Ok... Just listened to all shall perish... wtf was that... :confused: There prob gonna be the band I won't like on the night.....

• Advertisement

Ok... Just listened to all shall perish... wtf was that... :confused: There prob gonna be the band I won't like on the night.....

Deathcore :p Not really popular over here but causes a rather heated debate between tr00 metal purists over in the US.

What did you listen to? The song Awaken The Dreamers is great, that whole album is fantastic.

I listened to Deconstruction, Eradication and Never... Again. Just listened to Awaken The Dreamers... It's alright, but don't think I'd be into most of there stuff...

This is from a MH gig last week in Amsterdam. Check out the guys channel who uploaded it,he has the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Deathcore :p Not really popular over here but causes a rather heated debate between tr00 metal purists over in the US.

What did you listen to? The song Awaken The Dreamers is great, that whole album is fantastic.

I thought All Shall Perish pulled out? They were the only band I was interested in.

I thought All Shall Perish pulled out? They were the only band I was interested in.

They did pull out,i've no idea who's doing their slot in Dublin.

Yeah I found out yesterday, made me very sad. :(

lord lucan wrote: »
    They did pull out,i've no idea who's doing their slot in Dublin.

Man Must Die are supporting them in the UK, they took All Shall Perish's place

I'd check out and keep an eye on Gama Bomb and Residual Effect

Man Must Die are supporting them in the UK, they took All Shall Perish's place

I'd check out and keep an eye on Gama Bomb and Residual Effect

Awesome! I really liked Man Must Die's last album :D Still no ASP though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Deathcore :p Not really popular over here

Deathcore is big amongst scene kids.

Bring Me The Horizon, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fad wrote: »
    Deathcore is big amongst scene kids.

Bring Me The Horizon, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive and so on.
    I don't mind some Deathcore bands, but a lot have gotten a bad rep thanks to bands like BMTH

Advertisement