Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head playing Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

machineeeeeeeeeeeeee head mother fukas Yeaghhhhhhhhhh lol *listing to them now a bit pised*
    anywho ....has the line up changed ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Blargh wrote: »
    machineeeeeeeeeeeeee head mother fukas Yeaghhhhhhhhhh lol *listing to them now a bit pised*
    anywho ....has the line up changed ?:D

All Shall Perish is gone my friend, whereas Man Must Die has replaced them for the UK dates...prob a local act will fill the spot in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tempelton Peck

Wanted one more ticket for Machine Head show!!!!!!!

Lads,i got 1 ticket upper circle for myself and i need one more for my girlfriend!!!

All tickets from ticketmaster are sold,fcuk sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Fad wrote: »
    Deathcore is big amongst scene kids.

Bring Me The Horizon, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive and so on.

I Killed The Prom Queen and Parkway aren't really deathcore, and although Bring Me The Horizon are the most popular over here, I never hear much about any other deathcore bands. Even at that, most people I've met that like them call them Screamo.

This is only from my experience though.

And Man Must Die have replaced ASP, it says so on their Myspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Wanted one more ticket for Machine Head show!!!!!!!

Lads,i got 1 ticket upper circle for myself and i need one more for my girlfriend!!!

All tickets from ticketmaster are sold,fcuk sick :(

Did you try the Sound Cellar in Dublin?
    They might have some tickets left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

All Shall Perish is gone my friend, whereas Man Must Die has replaced them for the UK dates...prob a local act will fill the spot in Dublin

Yeah, Man Must Die on the bill here - but will get 20 mins apparently....

NIBBS wrote: »
    Yeah, Man Must Die on the bill here - but will get 20 mins apparently....

I'll be at the Newcastle show tonight, interviewing Phil and some other members of the supporting bands....should be good fun....they're playing some songs on this tour they've never ever played live before - like Bite The Bullet and All Falls Down

OK, not that people need telling, but the Newcastle gig last night was AMAZING
    The band played Spine for the first time ever in the UK and also played Blood For Blood live for the first time, anywhere, in 8 years

There were a lot of setlist suprises otherwise, in terms of old stuff, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone going....they were a well oiled machine and after 3 years on the road they were one of the best bands live I'd ever seen

Man Must Die - They're from Glasgow, and they're currently the only British act signed to Relapse Records, sadly because a Machine Head fan was clipped by a bus crossing the road moments before doors opened the band played their set to a relatively empty house. Most people queuing outside were told to go slower by police but the promoters insisted the band got on stage at 6.30 as there was no other choice. Musically they sound a lot like Dying Fetus and were a solid act.

Bleeding Through - Compared to the response they got it didn't seem fair that they only got to play for 30minutes. Had never seen these guys live before but own Declaration and know they've been going almost a decade. Pretty good sound and played essentially an abridged 'Greatest Hits' set for their fans. Had a chat with Marta, the keyboardist, before the gig...she is actually a really nice person and it was so unusual to see a female in an otherwise all male lineup. But it was refreshing in a way too.

Hatebreed - I was shocked to see the amount of Hatebreed shirts in the audience. I was also shocked to see three people leave after Hatebreed's set because they wanted to get an early footing in at the bar. The band were charging for meet and greets, quite reasonable, where you paid £5 on top of any merch you bought and you got to meet the band after the night was over. Their set took about 45 minutes and I have to tell you honestly that I don't like Hatebreed, but there were a lot of people there who did, and they got an amazing response. Jamey jumped around like a fool the whole time screaming and giving people words of advice inbetween songs but in the end I was too concerned with wanting Machine Head to come on.

Machine Head - I last saw this band exactly a year to the day, when they supported Metallica in Sheffield, and that set lasted just 6 songs. This time the clamps were off and the band were on fire. They pulled out stuff they hadn't performed, almost ever, on the Blackening tour and the time they got allowed them to play material they had never played since the late 90s. Flynn was, as usual, very respectful of the crowd's love and respect for the band. Adam Duce still seemed his quiet self, not saying much, and just pounding away. Before the gig I met with Phil backstage in the MH dressing room - Dave and Robb where there too but didn't say much - and they all seemed like pretty nice guys. I got an interview with Phil (which I'll try and post somewhere) and just chatted away....it was sad to hear them say they would be finishing touring after this leg....even though they deserve a break and we need to be patient and wait for a new album.

Something I Recorded - The Burning Red (Newcastle)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Only a few hours left now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Can't wait for this, should be at the venue for about 8.30pm.

No interest in seeing the support bands, only want to see the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Have a great time at machine head tonight f**kers!! I'll be checking back to see how it went!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Clenching the fists of dissent
    Imperium
    Bite the bullet
    Ten tonne hammer
    Now I Lay Thee Down
    Beautiful Mourning
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Old
    Burning Red
    Seasons Whither
    Bulldozer
    Blood For Blood
    Halo
    Davidian

What a ****ing gig!

Now it's a drive back to Cork and up at 7 for work. Totally worth it though :D

I don't remember Slanderous... I think you mean Beautiful Mourning.

What an awesome gig. Anyone see me there? I was the guy in the black t-shirt. :pac:

Ah balls, fail on my part. I'm not quite with it again yet!

Ah balls, fail on my part. I'm not quite with it again yet!

I used to get 'em mixed up too. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i thought this was a pretty **** gig tbh, wtf was with the doors being opened at 6.30? i missed the first two bands, main reason for me going was the support! machine head were ****, they barely played any old stuff.

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    i thought this was a pretty **** gig tbh, wtf was with the doors being opened at 6.30? i missed the first two bands, main reason for me going was the support! machine head were ****, they barely played any old stuff.

Yeah that pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing Man Must Die and I get in when Bleeding Through are starting. I really did like Machine Head though, but it was by far the worst sound at a gig I've been. Everything that MH played was REALLY distorted and way too loud, my ears are still ringing from it.

Yeah that pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing Man Must Die and I get in when Bleeding Through are starting. I really did like Machine Head though, but it was by far the worst sound at a gig I've been. Everything that MH played was REALLY distorted and way too loud, my ears are still ringing from it.

yeah my ears are ringing. i seen machine earlier this year in a giant stadium and it sounded better than that,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

AlcoholicA wrote: »

The stage times were well advertised in advance - so if you were only going for the support bands maybe you should have checked them out ?????? with 4 bands on the bill they were never going to be on any later than they were in reality.........

I thought Machine Head were excellent, volume was way over the top and was the only downside on the night for me......apart from that I really enjoyed their set.......

Man Must Die - put on a really good show for a band only getting 4-5 songs and 20 mins....

Bleeding Through - not my bag, but really good energy, think the keyboards are a waste of time with that band and don't think it adds to the music at all...

Hatebreed - really enjoyed too, enjoyable band, can see them being big hits at festivals, they have that sort of vibe about them.......

Machine Head - like I said, really enjoyed their set, think they are an outstanding live band, and having seen them in support slots over the last couple of years, even with the extreme sound, it was great to see a headlining set.......hope they are back soon.....and hope the ringing stops in the next couple of days........always find the Olympia to be louder than other venuses so was expecting to have the ears blown off me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

All I can hear after tonight is a high pitch noise!! :eek: Really load gig! Ended up in Fibbers after but still, about 5 hours after it's over, they killed my ears! :p Awesome gig though, fun night :D

Unreal gig. I love the Blackening so was happy that they played a lot of stuff off that though nothing at all off Burning Red was a slight annoyance but I can't fault them really. Hatebreed were really good too. Always liked them even though after about 3 songs they just sound the same!!

My ears are in bits today, gonna be a long week of tinitus for me :(

Unreal gig. I love the Blackening so was happy that they played a lot of stuff off that though nothing at all off Burning Red was a slight annoyance but I can't fault them really. Hatebreed were really good too. Always liked them even though after about 3 songs they just sound the same!!

My ears are in bits today, gonna be a long week of tinitus for me :(

Except the title track ;)

Yeah I have to agree with the above, as great as I thought it was, the sound wasn't fantastic. My ears are still ringing.

Everything that MH played was REALLY distorted and way too loud, my ears are still ringing from it.

That's exactly what it was like in Newcastle, I taught it was a problem with them, I remember thinking they were up way too high for this music to cause anything but problems

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I thought they were great!! The sound tho was crap!! Far too distorted!!! Still cant hear!!

Did any one endup bumping into them at any pubs?? Me and my friends checked fibbers n brux but no joy... Was at the stage door for a bit but when they said they were goin to start unloadin we didnt think there was a chance of them comin out that way..

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I was right at the back and my ears are really bad this morning.

There were parts where I was completely lost in the songs and didnt even recognise what they were playing.

The gig in the ambassador was much better.

Nothing to do with Machinehead. They are always great live.

Sound did seem to get better as the night went on but that was probably a combination of my damaged ears filtering out the noise and the bulmers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I thought they were great!! The sound tho was crap!! Far too distorted!!! Still cant hear!!

Did any one endup bumping into them at any pubs?? Me and my friends checked fibbers n brux but no joy... Was at the stage door for a bit but when they said they were goin to start unloadin we didnt think there was a chance of them comin out that way..
    wasnt there supposed to be some sort of after gig party in the new fibbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Machine Head were as savage as ever but like everyone else my ears are fcuked,still getting ringing in them!:eek:

The new Fibbers had an after show party,i was there until 01.00,place was pretty packed,good bit of craic.

NIBBS wrote: »
    The stage times were well advertised in advance - so if you were only going for the support bands maybe you should have checked them out ?????? with 4 bands on the bill they were never going to be on any later than they were in reality.........

where were they advertised? I didn't see any time changes promoted? not even at the venue. I arrived at the time my ticket said to, 7.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

lord lucan wrote: »
    Machine Head were as savage as ever but like everyone else my ears are fcuked,still getting ringing in them!:eek:

The new Fibbers had an after show party,i was there until 01.00,place was pretty packed,good bit of craic.

Were machine head there???

Advertisement