Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head playing Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    where were they advertised? I didn't see any time changes promoted? not even at the venue. I arrived at the time my ticket said to, 7.30.

MCD's website had the updated schedule advertised last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Were machine head there???

Not that i know of. I don't think anyone was expecting them to turn up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

where were they advertised? I didn't see any time changes promoted? not even at the venue. I arrived at the time my ticket said to, 7.30.
    Seconded, that said I had no interest in any of the support bands but in fairness, I did search for times etc and couldn't find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

s8n wrote: »
    MCD's website had the updated schedule advertised last week.

Who checks MCD's website, yes they set up the gig but I have no contact with MCD, my relationship is with ticketmaster on behalf of MCD, so if they changed the times they should have notified ticketmaster which in turn could have notified ticketholders via emails or even a notice at the venue in the run up to the show.

What if i had travelled up to dublin to see "the show" and missed half of it because MCD/ticketmaster dropped the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I don't see how people are complaining about the doors opening too early if you knew there were four bands playing.
    How would they all fit between 7.30 and 11?
    I knew there were four, took me about 2 minutes to find out the stage times.
    Go to MCD.ie then click on the Machine Head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Who checks MCD's website, yes they set up the gig but I have no contact with MCD, my relationship is with ticketmaster on behalf of MCD, so if they changed the times they should have notified ticketmaster which in turn could have notified ticketholders via emails or even a notice at the venue in the run up to the show.

What if i had travelled up to dublin to see "the show" and missed half of it because MCD/ticketmaster dropped the ball?

Yeah I'd have to agree with this. Well suppose it's my fault too for not realising that how the funk will four bands play in such a short time?! Missed Man Must Die (was really looking forward to seeing them!), I'm not really worried about Bleeding Through. Got in just as Hatebreed were starting their set. I'm not in to them but they put on a good solid show.

Also it being my first Machine Head gig (shame on me!), I thought it pretty tame. The feedback was annoying (probably on account of them being too loud), and at times I wondered was Robbs guitar plugged in at all!

But I enjoyed it and yeah my ears are still ringing. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

chin_grin wrote: »

But I enjoyed it and yeah my ears are still ringing. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :pac:

that's all I can hear too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I enjoyed the gig, the sound was way too loud and distorted but Machine Head still let there stage presence shine through!
    Not a fan of the Olympia as a venue for Metal/big crowd movement gigs. Especially cause of the fact they had a pit area.
    The Academy would have been a better choice of venue!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, my Irish teacher today was giving out to me, she thought I was being ignorant, we had an arguement over the fact that I could barely hear her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Beekay wrote: »
    The Academy would have been a better choice of venue!

I agree

Anyone heading to Belfast tonight? Last gig Machine Head will play in Europe, possibly this year....after these tourdates they've stated time and time again that that is it for this album

TakeMyScars has announced a venue change:
    Due to technical and production reasons the Machine Head gig scheduled for St Georges Market next Monday 1st March will now take place in The Ulster Hall. Timings remain the same, as does price and of course original tickets remain valid. There are now a very limited number of tickets available for this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Would love to go tonight....

it all about the blood, the sweat the sore ears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

MCD - promoters sites are always the first place I look for times, they had the details up last week...

The outstanding Machine Head are bringing their high energy live show to the Olympia next February 28th 2010. Tickets priced from €33.60 including booking fee go on sale

Doors 6:30 PM
    Man Must Die. 6:45
    Bleeding Through. 7:20
    HateBreed. 8:05
    Machine Head. 9:20
    *times subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

IMG_0208.jpg?t=1267468201

th_7739_notworthy.gifth_7739_notworthy.gifth_7739_notworthy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

NIBBS wrote: »
    MCD - promoters sites are always the first place I look for times, they had the details up last week...

The outstanding Machine Head are bringing their high energy live show to the Olympia next February 28th 2010. Tickets priced from €33.60 including booking fee go on sale

Doors 6:30 PM
    Man Must Die. 6:45
    Bleeding Through. 7:20
    HateBreed. 8:05
    Machine Head. 9:20
    *times subject to change

Why the hell should anyone have to check a promoters website for times....or any website for that matter?

The tickets clearly stated that the doors open at half seven.
    So with that in mind, why the hell would I be checking websites to see what times the bands are on? If te doors are at half seven then surely the first band shouldn't be on uintill around eight.

Anyway, I didn't care for the support acts...only arrived in time for Hatebreed, who are good but as was said, hear three songs and you've heard them all.

I'm glad everyone else is talking smack about the sound levels....I wasn't the only one like....thought I was just getting old.
    Set list was great, a really good mix of different MH material.
    Was delighted to heard Burning Red and Bulldozer, and was geniuinly shocked that they made the rotation.
    Great gig, great night.

Except the title track ;)

Yeah I have to agree with the above, as great as I thought it was, the sound wasn't fantastic. My ears are still ringing.
    LOL, I was in some state this morning! Basically I was just dyin to see the blood, the sweat, the tears! :-D Ears are in rag order still :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

Great gig, Hatebreed impressed even though I'm not really into them.

Machine Head were brilliant, loved that they played loads off The Blackening, looks like they've put that rap metal rubbish to bed for good.

Have to concur on the Machine Head sound, I was about 6 feet in front of the desk, the bass drum drowned out the guitars to the point the solos were barely audible. Sound guys got the mix wrong and got the volume way wrong. Ears are still ringing nearly 24 hours later. Ear plugs should've been given out on the door!

Even still, the band were really tight, Rob seemed to be genuinely loving it up there, Machine Head delivered a hell of a good show regardless of the rough sound setup, testament to a damn good band.

We should start a support group for all those who permanently damaged their hearing last night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ahhh whistling ears, not good is it, had a bad experience in the ambassador once, right beside the speakers, turned me off ever going back there (eh when I had the choice). I didnt get to catch machine head this time but least i'll be still able to hear them next time :D

--LOS-- wrote: »
    ahhh whistling ears, not good is it, had a bad experience in the ambassador once, right beside the speakers, turned me off ever going back there (eh when I had the choice). I didnt get to catch machine head this time but least i'll be still able to hear them next time :D

I havent had it this bad since Velvet Revolver in the old Point. That lasted 4 days, I think this ones gonna be worse as I can hear it over my tv :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The song was pretty bad alright. I'm not a huge fan of Machine head, only like a few songs (which they played) so I was happy, my neck is in bits from some heavy windmilling !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I havent had it this bad since Velvet Revolver in the old Point. That lasted 4 days, I think this ones gonna be worse as I can hear it over my tv :eek:

I can't remember my ears being this bad to be honest after a gig, ears aren't as bad today, hopefully they will clear up soon. Great gig though.

yesterday ...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

today

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Last time my ears were this bad was strangely enough after MH at the Ambassador in 2003! They like their volume!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That was really bad, I couldn't hear for about 4 days, I had to go to the Doctor in the end just to make sure it wasn't something more serious

earplugs from now on methinks

what sort of plugs do the bands use.im assuming they can hear what their playing but blocking out the major noise..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bigbadcon wrote: »

what sort of plugs do the bands use.im assuming they can hear what their playing but blocking out the major noise..??

I'd suggest going to http://www.thomann.de/ie/index.html?sid=ea402cd148a9fb128594b61d03c920ac for earplugs!

You're just after reminding me of something. Went to the jacks just as MH were gonna come back on for their encore and some dude was in the disabled cubicle stuffing tissue in to his ears. Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

bigbadcon wrote: »

Machine head would probrably use in ear monitors. Its like a moulded earplug that stops all external noise and allows the band to hear themselves.

€595 for earplugs!! Think in the current economic climate toilet paper is the way to go :D

All the same id say most band members ears must be wrecked after touring. Even with the in ear monitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

And they're getting old too.

I'll bet the floor was sticky aswell.

• Advertisement

Ears aren't much better today to be honest.

Advertisement