Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZotope

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Just watched the alloy video.
    Pop up menus all over the place. Just seems overly complicated to me.
    The demos of the sounds in the vid are over processed too.
    The drum room mic demo was especially bad IMO.
    Inexperienced engineers will love the way it makes everything sound bigger but in the context of a mix I couldn't see any of the processing in the demo vid being very usable. It seems to focus on multiband processing too much.

I downloaded a demo of ozone a couple of years ago and it was the same.
    Everything sounded artificial and over processed and it had the same overly complicated interface too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I thought the Alloy thing was manageable considering the amount of options.

In fact I liked the idea of learning one plug that could conceivably do 'everything'

I've not had a chance to have a listen yet but if it is, as you say, not great sonically there's not much point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

I haven't tried Alloy. Their noise removal plugin is absolutely superb, better than Waves (or DINR, but that's not hard) and almost as good as Cedar (I've used their bureau service in the past). Their limiter is very good too, sounds as good as the Sonnox and as awkward to use, but I think I prefer the Massey L2007.

I think I know why Paul is interested in these products... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

hi guys.. Am afraid i dont have the musical experience or know how of u guys but i bought ozone and i love it. Maybe i dont know what im doing but i think its a great piece of kit. Only problem i found it was heavy on the cpu.. Because of that i bought alloy also.. Dam happy with it. Some good presets on both..

How do you find Ozone and Alloy to use Alan ?
    What do you use them on ? Thanks for your observations chaps.

• Advertisement

madtheory wrote: »
    I haven't tried Alloy. Their noise removal plugin is absolutely superb, better than Waves (or DINR, but that's not hard) and almost as good as Cedar (I've used their bureau service in the past). Their limiter is very good too, sounds as good as the Sonnox and as awkward to use, but I think I prefer the Massey L2007.

I think I know why Paul is interested in these products... :D

They have a higher end noise reduction box too - hardware for use in Live Broadcast etc, which sounds interesting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

Why are you looking to distribute this Paul. Do most people not just download it or are you offering more than that ?

woodsdenis wrote: »
    Why are you looking to distribute this Paul. Do most people not just download it or are you offering more than that ?

Not the Noise Reduction Box , no ....:)

I've had reason to contact them and they suggested we look at it.

Just seeing what the view on iZotope was.

Indifference it seems !

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Not the Noise Reduction Box , no ....:)

I've had reason to contact them and they suggested we look at it.

Just seeing what the view on iZotope was.

Indifference it seems !

I getcha, I have never heard anything bad about them it has to be said. I think their restoration stuff is meant to be very good.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

use alloy on both kit and bass,, gives the tracks a little it of sparkle.. sometimes use it on vocals.. Couldnt be happier with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

bit hit and miss company imo.

Their restoration stuff is incredible. So quick, so easy. Have used it on classical music recordings and it's been a lifesaver too many times to mention.

Their novelty stuff is fun. Like Vinyl or Trash. I actually use the Vinyl plug a good bit as a hipass (don't ask! it just sounds great on hats for cutting the mud out).

Ozone though....hmmm. Could never get into it. Didn't like the limiter at all.

Made stuff a little flat and lifeless compared to some other mastering limiters like the Flux one.
    However, without sounding too much like Paul, Robert Babicz the techno mastering god swears by it and he's the ultimate audiophile hardware obsessive guy around, so it must have some merit and I'm just not using it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Tired the demo in 64bit Daw and it balked - did put a ticket in but they said no 64bit versions coming... have they changed that?

Advertisement