Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum Hall of Fame

Options
  • 24-11-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

During our discussions about the upcoming Forum awards, an idea came up to have a Poker Forum Hall of Fame and to induct 1 poster into it every year.

Here's how it will work. Every year we will induct 1 poster into the Poker Forum Hall of Fame, the criteria for eligibility is that a poster must have been a member of boards for at least 3 years (so Join date before November 2006) and must have at least 2,000 posts.

This will be seperate to the Forum awards and I'm putting it up before all the rest to allow you all to discuss who should merit being inducted and what criteria should be used. We'll then have nominations and then a Vote.

It'll be slightly more drawn out then the Forum Awards themselves and so I'll probably allow a week or so for discussions on the idea itself (if people think it's sh1te then we'll just bin it) and what criteria people think it should be based on (there can obviously be multiple criteria), then another week for nominations and then a week long private poll to decide who gets in.

NOTE: Usual rules apply when discussing people, no personal abuse, if you don't like someone who is mentioned keep it to yourself and big up someone else being spoken about. We'll just delete negative posts about posters because they haven't chosen to be discussed, this is to be an entirely positive thread.

So have at it fellas... Good idea? Bad idea? Meh internet nerds?!?

Should we start a Hall of Fame 73 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    58% 43 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    41% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I think its a very good idea Ste. Biggest problem is that there will be many posters deserving of it.

Still, I'd like to nominate Luckylloyd. I have to say that I really enjoy his posts and he talks sense on whatever issue he contributes to.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

uh 2000 posts, might get there in 10 years time! do like the idea tho!

Room for these lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pretty cringy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Pretty cringy imo.

I nominate The-Rigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think it's a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Room for these lads?

Is this for real?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Is this for real?

Yep. About 4 years ago they were the cool kids :pac:

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Is this for real?

'Fo shizzle

We'z waz de dawgs, dawg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Room for these lads?
    what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I nominate Bozzer so hel start posting more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Room for these lads?

oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

ghey.

IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ste05 wrote: »
    Meh internet nerds?!?
    But if it goes ahead, the first one would have to be El Stuntman imo.

Surely if this goes ahead the first induction should be a group induction in recognition of the lads who made the forum; Lafortezza, Mewso, Kraken, et al.

Having not been around in those days I don't know everyone who is eligible to be fair but surely that is the best place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

eagle eye wrote: »
    But if it goes ahead, the last one would have to be El Stuntman imo.

FYP

I agree with the gheyness aspect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i want a trophy for keeping the bad beat thread to its roots! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

a-k-47 wrote: »
    i want a trophy for keeping the bad beat thread to its roots! :)

Tbf you are no more of an original than all those Bundy, Dahmer wannabes. Kraken and Macs are probably more deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I like the idea gonna be very hard to choose thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Surely if this goes ahead the first induction should be a group induction in recognition of the lads who made the forum; Lafortezza, Mewso, Kraken, et al.

Having not been around in those days I don't know everyone who is eligible to be fair but surely that is the best place to start.

+1

Hyzepher,Lafortezza, Mewso, DeVore, Amp, Papa Smut, Henbane, gerire, Mr. Pudding, Juan Pablo, Marq, Spiritus, KenCleary, Whiteshadow, Davey Devil, Krusty_Clown, Samson, & KarlH (I've probably forgotten a few from back then :()

all contributed massively to getting this forum off the ground and keeping it running back in the early days when the Fitz freeroll was the big tournament and games at the Batflat were the glue that brought the posters together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Leprechaun Poker representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

CPT?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The guy who was going to do the 100k challenge. Was that DBC?

So, apart from the post that nominates a group of people, there are only 2 actual qualifying nomination posts, and one of those is clearly a joke nomination.

I think this particular one might have to be retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

5starpool wrote: »
    So, apart from the post that nominates a group of people, there are only 2 actual qualifying nomination posts, and one of those is clearly a joke nomination.

I think this particular one might have to be retired.

Ste didn't ask for people to nominate in this thread. He's only asking it it's a good or bad idea. If he asked for nominations, that would be a whole new ball game and i'm sure we'd get a lot more people on the list

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Ste didn't ask for people to nominate in this thread. He's only asking it it's a good or bad idea. If he asked for nominations, that would be a whole new ball game and i'm sure we'd get a lot more people on the list

Ooooh, look at me. I read the original post correctly. LA DE DA.

feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Fuzzbox

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

just give me the award and i'll hand it on to Bomber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Killme00 wrote: »
    Fuzzbox

No need for the kind of language, if you don't like it well and good but come no, come on (inset sound wav from cripple in SouthPark)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement